facebook

MyEclipse 8.6.1 Pro on W7 64-bit: Missing editors?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

JadedGamer

I recently installed 8.6.1 Pro on my new work computer running Windows 7 64-bit, and noticed that a bunch of editors that were present in my old system (XP 32-bit with an upgraded 8.0) are absent. No XML editor, no other HTML editor other than one that apparently is included in Eclipse, etc. – everything opens in the base text editor.

Is this a problem with Windows 7 64-bit and MyEclipse support for that?

#313904 Reply

support-joy

JadedGamer,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Can you answer below queries for me to investigate further?
    1. Can you copy and paste your installation details here? Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details
    2. How did you install ME? Meaning all-in-one installer / pulse / archived update site on top of eclipse classic.
    3. If you right click on an XML or JSP file, what editors do you see listed under “open with”?

#313905 Reply

JadedGamer

@support-joy wrote:

1. Can you copy and paste your installation details here? Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details

*** Date: 
    24. januar 2011 kl 12.07 CET

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsVista
    OS version=6.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 8.6.1
    Build id: 8.6.1-20101117

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 8.6.1
    Build id: 8.6.1-20101117

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    D:\apps\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    --launcher.library
    D:\apps\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
    -startup
    D:\apps\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
    -install
    D:/apps/Genuitec/MyEclipse-8.6
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    D:/apps/Genuitec/Common/binary/com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013/jre/bin/client/jvm.dll

@support-joy wrote:

2. How did you install ME? Meaning all-in-one installer / pulse / archived update site on top of eclipse classic.

Used the all-in-one installer (myeclipse-8.6.1-win32.exe) as a non-admin user; I tried installing as an admin user earlier and then run as the non-admin but then it would not let me use the software update pane.

@support-joy wrote:

3. If you right click on an XML or JSP file, what editors do you see listed under “open with”?

Text Editor (as default), System Editor, In-place Editor, Default Editor and Other…

Opening “Other” I see a bunch of editors that seem unrelated, except there is a “CSS JSP Editor” there (with proper syntax highlighting for JSP), some MyEclipse entries like UML1, Matisse and Visual SQL Query Editor, but no web page editor (though I think I saw that when I installed as an admin). No XML editors beyond those for schemas.

#313938 Reply

JadedGamer

I get “proper” XML support (including autocomplete based on schema) if I choose the “Standalone Structured Source Editor” option in the “Others…” list.

#313939 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Jared,

From your installation summary, the installation seems to be fine.

1) Can you try another workspace? Use File > Switch Workspace and use a new workspace in which you can create some dummy projects/files – our the editors now available?

2) If the problem sill persists, can you check your error log for errors reported on startup? Could you paste or attach the log file here please?

#313941 Reply

JadedGamer

@Support-Brian wrote:

1) Can you try another workspace? Use File > Switch Workspace and use a new workspace in which you can create some dummy projects/files – our the editors now available?

Created a fresh workspace, created a new Maven project using the wizard, and XML files still come up with Text Editor as choice.
    @Support-Brian wrote:

2) If the problem sill persists, can you check your error log for errors reported on startup? Could you paste or attach the log file here please?

The in-Eclipse error log lists no relevant errors, not sure where the error log file ends up though…

#314836 Reply

Marc

I’ve got the exact same problem. I upgraded from 8.6 to 8.6.1 using Pulse from the MyEclipse configuration center and now I no longer have the correct editors available. Was there a solution to this issue?

#314850 Reply

support-swapna

MWThomson,

Can you please let us know if you have tried the suggestions posted by Support-Brian ?
    If yes then how did it work for you ?

Do you see any errors logged in the error log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 8.6.1 Pro on W7 64-bit: Missing editors?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in