facebook

MyEclipse 8.6, Sandbox Tomcat, JNDI/JDBC Pool, DB Driver JAR

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jmrobichaud

I am running MyEclipse 8.6.1 in a team (SVN) environment and using the integrated sandbox Tomcat for development or JSPs and servlets.

When implementing connection pooling in Tomcat (JNDI/JDBC), my Oracle driver JAR (ojdbc14.jar) is not found by the integrated Tomcat unless I specifically add it to the classpath (Window, Preferences, MyEclipse, Servers, Integrated Sandbox, MyEclipse Tomcat 6, Paths, “Append to classpath”).

This path is an absolute path and does not get saved in my project and therefore can’t be checked in to SVN for others to check out.

It is extremely inconvenient for a team member to checkout the code and then have to do a bunch of extra steps to be able to run the project. A checked out project should be self-contained.

Note: For deployment to a standalone Tomcat server I can copy the JAR file to the <tomcat_home>/lib folder and the app runs fine.

How can I eliminate the extra configuration steps upon project checkout?

JM.

#317796 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

jmrobichaud,

Apologies for the delay.

Have you managed to solve this problem? Server configurations aren’t attached to a project but are applicable across projects. You can export your server configurations, using Export->General->Preferences and select MyEclipse Server Configurations, then have a colleague import them. Otherwise, you will have to add the jar to the project build path, to have the reference be there when the project is checked out.

#317804 Reply

jmrobichaud

That’s the problem… Adding the JAR to my project’s classpath does not make it available to the Sandbox Tomcat to use for connection pooling.

The pools run on a master thread with their own classpath (“<tomcat>/lib” generally) and Tomcat does not look in the individual web applications for the JAR file when creating the pools.

Including the JAR in the server’s classpath and exporting the prefs will only work if everyone on the team is running with the exact same directory structures as mine but this is not the case. Some are checking out to D: or to a different subdirectory.

Preferences are not saved relative to the workspace. They are absolute paths.

#317827 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Sorry, JM, I’m not aware of any other feature that can help you make this less painful. However, I’ll investigate further and will post again if I find anything.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 8.6, Sandbox Tomcat, JNDI/JDBC Pool, DB Driver JAR

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in