MyEclipse 9 chokes on E4X syntaxes

Home Forums Archived Forums MyEclipse Archived Web 2.0 / AJAX MyEclipse 9 chokes on E4X syntaxes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of support-tony support-tony 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Shon Vella
    Shon Vella

Earlier versions of MyEclipse supported (or at least gracefully ignored) E4X syntactical constructs such as literal XML and the “for each” statement. MyEclipse 9 completely chokes on these constructs in both the editor and validation. Given the large amount of E4X code used in my project (which runs on the server inside of Rhino) , this make MyEclipse 9 very, very painful to use. Please fix this ASAP, or at least provide pointers to an alternative javascript plugin that can coexist gracefully with other MyEclipse components.

-Shon

Profile photo of support-swapna
    support-swapna

svella,

I could replicate the issue at my end. I have filed a PR for the dev team to work on it.
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Profile photo of support-tony
    support-tony
    Keymaster

Shon,

Please refer to these posts for some background on changes to JS validation, between 8.6 and 9.0:

https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/javascriopt-validation-won-t-turn-off/#post-317011 and https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshooting-memory-amp-performance-issues/&sid=b0eda194ad52876ee9458e127dc83cef#122847

I’m not aware of any free javascript plugins that can be used as alternatives but you can always try any that you find.

There are a couple of possible partial workarounds. You can turn off validation for the files that contain E4X. Also, if your E4X is in a <script> element, changing the type to “text/javascript;e4x=1″ seems to remove the errors.

Profile photo of Shon Vella
    Shon Vella

Eagerly awaiting the release of an improved editor and validator. In the mean time I’ve disabled javascript validation and am using the Aptana javascript editor.

Profile photo of support-tony
    support-tony
    Keymaster

Shon,

I’m glad you’ve found a way to keep working. Please look for improvements in this area in future releases.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Web 2.0 / AJAX’ is closed to new topics and replies.