MyEclipse and SVN

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of support-joy support-joy 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of P.Hill

Can someone direct me to instructions for installing subversive in MyEclipse 6.6?
    What I get on-line and in the help seems to be some previous version or the non-myEclipse since it goes right from
    Help > Software Updates…’
    to a dialog skipping the submenu in the help menu and the first screen which asks for a radio choice.

I have reverted my install to just before I tried to add Subversive, but can’t seem to get things running.

Profile photo of P.Hill

The sites in my update list are (after exporting)

<site name=”Subversive SVN connectors update site 2.0.x” url=”” web=”false” selected=”false” local=”false”/>
    <site name=”The Eclipse Project Updates” url=”″ web=”false” selected=”false” local=”false”/>
    <site name=”Subversive update site 0.7.x (Incubation)” url=”” web=”false” selected=”false” local=”false”/>
    <site name=”MyEclipse 6.5 Edition Discovery Site” url=”” web=”false” selected=”false” local=”false”/>

Profile photo of P.Hill

I guess I should mention that after reverting to a previous install and reinstalling subversive and updating from the 6.6 update site, I am in the same state I was. This is that I can see the SVN repository, but Team only says “Apply Patch…” and there is no SVN menu, thus I seem to have some but not all features. Note also that TortoiseSVN runs great from a Windows File Explorer.

Another question: Is there some general Eclipse log I can look at? I thought there was, but I’m not seeing an appropriate view to bring up to check for errors after starting up MyEclipse with Subversive installed.

Profile photo of Raymond Brown
    Raymond Brown

Try the following:
    1: Rename the existing project to an arbitrary name of your choice…
    2: Create an empty project of the same type with the name of your original project…
    3: From the windows file manager; copy the contents of the renamed project to the newly created empty project… (Do not copy any of the eclipse directories except .classpath)
    4: Return to MyEclipse and refresh both projects…
    5: Delete the original renamed project…
    The SVN menu options should be restored…

Profile photo of support-joy

Thank you GeneralMartok.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.