facebook

MyEclipse Blue edition 8.6 is failing to update

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ignaciom

Redirected from pulse forums

Hi,
    I am getting continous errors while upgrading MyEclipse Blue edition 8.6
    Its coming back with an error
    It says
    requires ‘org.eclipse.jetty.bundles.f.feature.group 0.0.0’ but it could not be found

and fails with badupdatesiteexception

#320395 Reply

support-joy

Hi,

Could you answer below queries to help me investigate further –
    1. Copy and paste your installation details. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.
    2. You mention upgrading MyEclipse Blue 8.6. Please mention what was your previous ME Blue version?
    3. Do you have any third party plugins added to your ME Blue profile? If yes, please list them here
    4. Clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate issue and attach the file here

#320399 Reply

Purnendu

It does not log anything in your described location.
    I am doing the update first time after installing. Following is the installation details.

*** Date:
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 6:08:34 PM IST
    ** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13
    *** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Blue Edition
    Version: 8.5 Blue
    Build id: 8.5-Blue-20100319
    *** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Blue Edition
    Version: 8.5 Blue
    Build id: 8.5-Blue-20100319

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse Blue Edition 8.5\myeclipse-blue.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse-blue
    –launcher.library
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse Blue Edition 8.5\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
    -startup
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse Blue Edition 8.5\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
    -install
    C:/Program Files/Genuitec/MyEclipse Blue Edition 8.5
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    C:/Program Files/Genuitec/Common/binary/com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013/jre/bin/client/jvm.dll

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #320419 Reply

Purnendu

Any updates ? I guess i am loosing my subscription days without being able to use it

#320422 Reply

support-joy

purnendu9,

Thank you for the details and screenshot. Based on the screenshot I could see that –
    1. You have added a lot of third party plugins.
    2. Apart from upgrading to 8.6, you are also trying to add few more plugins.
    Remove adding / updating these plugins and just perform an upgrade to MyEclipse Blue 8.6 and add pulse extentions and retry. Please refer attached screenshot.

In case this is still an issue, please attach screenshot of MyEclipse Configuration Center > Software tab showing the personal sites(list of third party plugins you have added to your profile) and software updates available and pending changes. Also expand Bad update sites and copy and paste the error here

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #320475 Reply

Purnendu

This is not working. The same exception is coming again and again. The MyEclipse edition here is an enterprise edition pre built with certain plugins. Again as i said, we are paying for the license without being able to use the tool.
    Please dont give suggestions like remove plugins and update.

#320506 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

purnendu9,

We can’t replicate the problem here.

As Joy mentioned, it looks as though your update is trying to update more than just the main workbench. She didn’t ask you to remove those extra plug-ins from the workbench but to remove the updates for the plug-ins from the configuration center screen so that the issue isn’t complicated by having the two types of update being attempted at the same time. If the MyEclipse update works then the other plug-ins can be updated separately.

Joy also asked that you expand a node in the screenshot so that we can see the full error properly. Would it be possible for you to do that, please, if the update still fails after removing the plug-in updates from the change? In addition, could you clear the log file (in the .metadata folder of your workspace), then reproduce the error and attach the log file here?

If we’re not able to track this problem down, you may need to consider a fresh install of 8.6 or of the latest release (9.1 currently but 10.0 is coming soon).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse Blue edition 8.6 is failing to update

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in