facebook

MyEclipse Blue error: ‘localAdminProtocol’ not found

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mohamad Sariman
    Participant

Anyone please,
    I was able to run my run my Websphere from services and also from the aps program start menu.
    But i was unable and got an error running from MyEclipse. If anyone knows whats going on, please help.

07/03/11 10:50:24:312 PST] 0000000a AdminTool A ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: localhost
    [07/03/11 10:50:27:218 PST] 0000000a WsServerLaunc E ADMU3002E: Exception attempting to process server localhost
    [07/03/11 10:50:27:218 PST] 0000000a WsServerLaunc E ADMU3007E: Exception org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.FeatureNotFoundException: Feature ‘localAdminProtocol’ not found. (file:/C:/Program%20Files/IBM/WebSphere/AppServerV7/profiles/AppSrv03/config/cells/BC5Node02Cell/nodes/BC5Node02/servers/localhost/server.xml, 5, 192)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.reportUnknownFeature(XMLHandler.java:1215)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.handleUnknownFeature(XMLHandler.java:1185)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMIHandler.handleUnknownFeature(XMIHandler.java:87)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.setAttribValue(XMLHandler.java:1843)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.SAXXMIHandler.handleObjectAttribs(SAXXMIHandler.java:147)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.createObjectFromFactory(XMLHandler.java:1393)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.createObjectFromTypeName(XMLHandler.java:1319)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.createObject(XMLHandler.java:1255)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.handleFeature(XMLHandler.java:1095)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.processElement(XMLHandler.java:466)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMIHandler.processElement(XMIHandler.java:65)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.startElement(XMLHandler.java:449)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.SAXWrapper.startElement(SAXWrapper.java:73)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:140)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doLoad(XMLResourceImpl.java:169)
    at org.eclipse.wst.common.internal.emf.resource.CompatibilityXMIResourceImpl.basicDoLoad(CompatibilityXMIResourceImpl.java:180)
    at org.eclipse.wst.common.internal.emf.resource.CompatibilityXMIResourceImpl.doLoad(CompatibilityXMIResourceImpl.java:173)

#315033 Reply

Mohamad Sariman
    Participant

My Deployment Connection: Enhanced Mode

#315117 Reply

support-swapna

msariman,

Sorry for the delayed response.
    Here is EMF FAQ – http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/EMF-FAQ#Development
    Please take a look at the first FAQ under the Development section.

Hope this helps.

#315289 Reply

Mohamad Sariman
    Participant

Hi swapma,
    I’m not clear about this >>>>>>> java MyApp -Dorg.eclipse.emf.common.util.URI.archiveSchemes=”wsjar wszip jar zip”
    Do I have to do something in my “Configure Server Connector”?
    How do you guys do it?
    You must have a sample project that you debug using WS7.

#315319 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

msariman,

It seems that you have some kind of problem with WAS server configuration. Please send us problematic file:

C:/Program Files/IBM/WebSphere/AppServerV7/profiles/AppSrv03/config/cells/BC5Node02Cell/nodes/BC5Node02/servers/localhost/server.xml

We do not change much in server.xml file before running server, especially we do not add any “localAdminProtocol” feature. Please check if you can still launch server as window service or using aps program start menu.

Which version of MyEclipse are you using? Which version of WAS? (Please launch command line, run C:/Program Files/IBM/WebSphere/AppServerV7/versionInfo.bat and paste results here)

Best regards,
    Piotrek

#333973 Reply

MarksNotes

Hi, I know this is a really old thread but I came across this same problem in a WebSphere cluster recently & was unable to find anything on the net about it other than this thread.

I was eventually able to resolve our own issue by manually copying the relevant servers server.xml file off the deployment manager over the copy stored on the local node with the issue. A manual node resynchronisation in effect. There were numerous differences between the two versions of the file so something or someone had must have made an incorrect change to the server.xml file on the local node as the errors were not replicated in the deployment managers copy.

Following this fix I was able to start the nodeagent and the server instance from the nodes command line without issue. I did encounter some further issues with
    getting the local node to accept commands initiated from the deployment manager due to key issues in the local trust store of the node. I was able to resolve these too & get the cluster fully up & running again.

I’ve documented the full fix that worked in my specific case on my blog below. I hope the information comes in useful for someone if you encounter the same issue.

http://www.marksnotes.com/websphere-application-server-feature-localadminprotocol-not-found/

#333996 Reply

support-swapna

MarksNotes,

Thank you for posting your findings. They will surely help other users.
    Do let us know if you see any issues.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse Blue error: ‘localAdminProtocol’ not found

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in