facebook

MyEclipse Blue vs MyEclipse Spring

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ssquire

I am writing a fairly large JSP/Struts app to be deployed to a Cloud Tomcat server at some point. I currently have MyEclipse Blue installed, but I was looking at the Spring features and wondering wether I should actually be using Spring. Which tool do you think is the best for my purpose?

#317397 Reply

Brian Fernandes

ssquire,

If you aren’t deploying to WebSphere, then MyEclipse Blue won’t benefit you much. We include basic Spring capabilities in MyEclipse itself, but if you are interested in code generation, scaffolding and need more advanced Spring support, do look at MyEclipse for Spring – a comparison is here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-1.html

More details: http://www.myeclipseide.com/spring.php

If you let us know more about your Spring needs, we will be able to guide you further.

#317507 Reply

ssquire

Brian,

Based on your current answer and my research on your links I believe when I renew my subscription, I will renew it at the Spring level since I’m more focused on JSP & Struts and would like to deploy to a non-Websphere server. In your best estimate, do you think I will have a smooth transition to Spring from Blue. Or let me state it this way, since I am in the initial stages of my project should I do it now, or should I just wait until my project is complete?

#317651 Reply

Brian Fernandes

ssquire,

Sorry for the late response; I missed your reply.

As long as you aren’t using any Blue specific features, which you aren’t – you won’t have a problem transitioning over to MyEclipse Pro or MyEclipse for Spring. You can transition whenever is most comfortable for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse Blue vs MyEclipse Spring

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in