facebook

myeclipse ci 2018.9.0 installer window too small

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Stuart McGrigor
    Participant

Hello All

So I’ve downloaded myeclipse-ci-2018.9.0-offline-installer-linux.run onto my brand new install of Kubuntu 18.04

We get to the message “Launching install engine; waiting for completion”

…and the install engine window is too small – it only shows the top left corner of the menu; and it won’t let me resize.

That makes it rather difficult to install.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #604593 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Stuart,

I’m sorry you’re seeing this problem on Kubuntu. We have had a couple of reports about a similar problem on Kubuntu but have been unable to replicate it so far. Could you give us a little more information?

Which version of the Plasma desktop environment are you running? We’ve checked with version 5.12.6, which is the standard version on an updated Kubuntu 18.04 installation, as far as I can tell. Also, have you installed any add-ons to Plasma or are you using a particular desktop theme?

With one of the users experiencing a similar problem, the -clean option appeared to solve the issue. This line can be placed near the top of the myeclipse.ini file, in the MyEclipse installation folder, or you can simply start MyEclipse from the command line using myeclipse -clean run from the installation folder on the command line. Could you try that and let us know how you get on?

Even if the -clean option works (it is only needed for a single launch, by the way) it would really help us if you could answer the questions about Plasma and add-ons.

Thanks.

#613125 Reply

saimon
    Participant

Hi trouble with kubuntu 18.04 with plasma version 5.12.7.
    I try to install myeclipse ci 2019-04

thx

Simon

#613177 Reply

support-swapna

Simon,

Sorry that you are seeing problems with MyEclipse installation. While we try to replicate the problem at our end, can you please give us some more details?

1. Are you seeing the same problem as reported by the earlier user? i.e installer window being too small?

2. Though the installer window is small, were you able to get MyEclipse installed?

3. Have you installed any add-ons to Plasma or are you using a particular desktop theme?

4. Can you please attach a screenshot of the installer window to help us get a visual?

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#679195 Reply

michaelhfreeman
    Participant

+1 on this problem. Trying to install latest MyEclipse on most recent KDE Neon

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #679202 Reply

support-swapna

Michael,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the screenshot.
    We are looking into it. In the meanwhile, as a workaround, can you please try the silent/unattended installation method? Please see this post for the instructions : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/unattended-installation/

Do let us know if you see any problems with the silent installation method.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: myeclipse ci 2018.9.0 installer window too small

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in