facebook

MyEclipse does not deploy a dependent project

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

j_smitley

I am using MyEclipse 6.0.1 GA with Eclipse 3.3.2.R33 on a Windows XP Pro machine. I am deploying a web project with 2 required projects. One is included in the deployment and one is not. I cannot figure out why one project’s classes are never included with the deployment, neither added in an exploded dir nor jarred into the library for a packaged deployment.

#279785 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Web Projects can only have Java Projects as dependencies. If your project that isn’t getting deployed is a Web Proejct itself, that’s why it’s not getting deployed.

#279787 Reply

j_smitley

It’s Hibernate/EJB project…is that a problem?

#279791 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Oh yea, the reason you can’t deploy it as a dependency of the Web project is because it’s an EJB project.

It sounds to me you just have to restructure your deployment model. If you have an app that has EJBs and Web modules, what you need to do is create an Enterprise Application Project, and mark *those* projects as modules of the EAR project.

Then you need to mark any common library projects as references of the EAR project as well, and remove them as dependencies of the web project. WHen you deploy the whole thing MyEclipse will package it all up nice and pretty and deploy it as an EAR for you. More information here:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/earprojects/

#279793 Reply

j_smitley

I removed the HIbernate and EJB MyEclipse features and it worked…THANKS!

#279796 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Very cool. Glad it’s working.

#279797 Reply

j_smitley

Thank you so much, I need to restructure some of our legacy stuff this way, gives me a good reason now!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse does not deploy a dependent project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in