MyEclipse Explorer view navigation extremly slow – MyEclipse 2017 C3

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of support-piotr support-piotr 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brian Fernandes
    Brian Fernandes

Sudda and Markus,

We’ve been able to replicate some of these slowdowns in-house with the current version. I’m raising the priority on these and will keep you posted on updates.

Sudda – your initial post complained only about performance issues with the MyEclipse Explorer. Have you experienced other issues as well?

#537736 Reply
    Profile photo of Sudda
    Sudda
    Participant

We did not start using ME 2017, so did not notice other issues. The extremely slow performance issue on MyExplorer view was a blocker.

#537880 Reply
    Profile photo of Markus Becker
    Markus Becker
    Participant

Brian,

thank you.

#537946 Reply
    Profile photo of Brian Fernandes
    Brian Fernandes

Sudda,

Thank you for your update. If you could repeat the process of getting the thread dumps, or attaching the dumps from your previous attempt, that would be extremely helpful. We updated some forum settings recently, so after compression, you should be able to upload these files, if not – please email them to support@genuitec.com ATTN Brian with a link to this thread.

Markus, if you could also follow the steps in this post (step #4) and gather a few thread dumps, that would be great. Internally, we’ve been able to replicate the breakpoint issue, but haven’t been able to get the slow explorer problem to occur, so external dumps would help a great deal.

Thanks!

Thanks!

#538123 Reply
    Profile photo of Markus Becker
    Markus Becker
    Participant

Brian,

I was finally able to solve my issue. I did create a new tomcat 8.0 server connector in ME 2016. Then I did config my web project (deployment/server) to tomcat 8.0 and closed ME 2016 in order to start this in ME 2017. In 2017 I did set the project again to the tomcat 8.5 connector and now all work without any problems.

#540991 Reply
    Profile photo of John Flanagan
    John Flanagan
    Participant

I am having the same problem – extremely slow response when trying to expand packages, and extremely slow response when setting or clearing breakpoints. A very similar setup to Suda – Tomcat 8.5 etc. Either of these actions will make MyE unresponsive for 30-60 seconds. And during build/validation, the action “Resetting Selection” hangs MyEclipse. This all seems like fairly recent changes.

#541009 Reply
    Profile photo of support-piotr
    support-piotr

John,

We would love to resolve the issue with expanding packages in the explorer, but we need some information to track it down. Would you be able to provide us with thread dumps during the freeze as Brian asked Markus for. It will help us to determine the part of workbench responsible for the freeze.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse Explorer view navigation extremly slow – MyEclipse 2017 C3