September 22, 2017 at 11:03 am #537718
Sudda and Markus,
We’ve been able to replicate some of these slowdowns in-house with the current version. I’m raising the priority on these and will keep you posted on updates.
Sudda – your initial post complained only about performance issues with the MyEclipse Explorer. Have you experienced other issues as well?September 22, 2017 at 2:49 pm #537736
We did not start using ME 2017, so did not notice other issues. The extremely slow performance issue on MyExplorer view was a blocker.September 25, 2017 at 4:54 am #537880
thank you.September 25, 2017 at 1:40 pm #537946
Thank you for your update. If you could repeat the process of getting the thread dumps, or attaching the dumps from your previous attempt, that would be extremely helpful. We updated some forum settings recently, so after compression, you should be able to upload these files, if not – please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN Brian with a link to this thread.
Markus, if you could also follow the steps in this post (step #4) and gather a few thread dumps, that would be great. Internally, we’ve been able to replicate the breakpoint issue, but haven’t been able to get the slow explorer problem to occur, so external dumps would help a great deal.
Thanks!September 27, 2017 at 4:31 am #538123
I was finally able to solve my issue. I did create a new tomcat 8.0 server connector in ME 2016. Then I did config my web project (deployment/server) to tomcat 8.0 and closed ME 2016 in order to start this in ME 2017. In 2017 I did set the project again to the tomcat 8.5 connector and now all work without any problems.October 26, 2017 at 10:20 am #540991
I am having the same problem – extremely slow response when trying to expand packages, and extremely slow response when setting or clearing breakpoints. A very similar setup to Suda – Tomcat 8.5 etc. Either of these actions will make MyE unresponsive for 30-60 seconds. And during build/validation, the action “Resetting Selection” hangs MyEclipse. This all seems like fairly recent changes.October 26, 2017 at 11:38 am #541009
We would love to resolve the issue with expanding packages in the explorer, but we need some information to track it down. Would you be able to provide us with thread dumps during the freeze as Brian asked Markus for. It will help us to determine the part of workbench responsible for the freeze.