facebook

MyEclipse extension could not be loaded [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Robert Varga
    Participant

I have the same situation as the one described by Maher in the latest announcement (announcement for RC2).

However I am not able to follow his instructions (delete MyEclipse install/eclipse/.config directory since I don’t have that directory at all, but the MyEclipse extension is not loaded after Eclipse starts up).

I have a pristine Eclipse 3.0M6 installed in c:\apps\eclipse-3.0m6 from the zip file (not overwriting a previous version, but installed into a new directory).

I have installed MyEclipse 3.7RC2 in c:\apps\myeclipse-3.7RC2 (a newly created directory created by the MyEclipse installer during installation).

OS is Windows XP Professional.

I have Sun JDK 1.4.2 (java full version “1.4.2-b28”) in c:\jdk1.4.2.

JAVA_HOME is set to c:\jdk1.4.2

javaw loads from c:\jdk1.4.2\bin

I am logged in with a user who is in the Administrators group on the machine.

I had a 3.6.4 installed into 3.0M4 under a different eclipse install directory, but it was uninstalled and the uninstaller told that it has been uninstalled successfully. I had not rebooted since the uninstall.

Eclipse starts up without a problem, in the configuration management I am able to see the MyEclipse 3.7RC2 extension with directory c:\apps\myeclipse-3.7RC2\eclipse. It is in enabled state.

I also tried disabling (with restart afterwards) and enabling (with restart afterwards) the extension, but it resulted in the same situation (Eclipse started without a problem, but MyEclipse related things don’t appear).

The c:\apps\myeclipse-3.7RC2\eclipse\.config directory never gets created.

#201800 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

Seems I misread Maher’s post. I looked for <myeclipse>/eclipse/.config because of the <…>/eclipse subdir.

You should correct the announcement, that it is <eclipse install dir>/.config (no eclipse subdir!), however.

After deleting <eclipsehome>/.config it starts up properly.

Regards,

Robert Varga

#201801 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Ooops! I fat fingered the instructions. The .config file is located in your <Eclipse install dir> not <MyEclipse install dir>. The .config directory is created when you 1st start E3.0M6. If it is not there proceed with starting your E3.0M6 instance. If MyEclipse preferences are not available: shutdown Eclipse, delete the .config file, and restart. Upon the restart MyEclipse preferences should be available.

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll correct the announcement immediately.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#201802 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

It is also mistyped in the workaround text in the news/updates page.

#201804 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Fixed. Thanks for the assistance.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse extension could not be loaded [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in