MyEclipse for Spring 8.6.1 is GA, and it’s ready for download.
– Support for SpringSource Tool Suite (STS)
– Google App Engine Support (early access)
– Customizable Code Generation (early access)
– Enhanced Maven Support
– Flex 4.0 Support
– Bug fixes.
Some of the new features in 8.6.0 are:
– Enhanced Spring MVC scaffolding
– Adobe Flex + Spring scaffolding
– GWT + Spring scaffolding
– Spring Web Flow scaffolding
– iPhone Web scaffolding
– Enhanced Spring Security scaffolding (LDAP, DB, In-Memory)
– Import Web Services (JAX-WS, Contract-First, Code First)
– Code assistants for Spring annotations (Controller, Service, Repository, Component)
– Code assistants for JAX-WS annotations
8.6.1 runs hot and all the time memory usage is around 900 out of 1024. It quickly gives
me this annoying OOM error message and some times ask to restart.
I have no clue but If I can’t upgrade then I may have to start looking for other IDE.
Apparently we are not alone…and my project suite is nothing I would call large. I have seen many complaints about this very issue and no resolution. For me, I can’t even allocate 1024m to the heap…eclipse refuses to start if I do…Again, many have complained about the same issue with no resolution other than “It will be fixed in 9.0”. Profound!