facebook

MyEclipse freezes a lot after installation

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bkgadam
    Participant

I was initially using MycodeMix trial version with STS, mostly for angular development. I really enjoyed it at first.
    And, after my trial expired, I could not get the codeMix ‘update license’ link to work to work so I went ahead and just purchased MyEclipse license but kept my original STS workspace.
    However MyEclipse has been freezing so much, acting weird at times and showing randoms errors. It has been freezing so much to freeze my computer along with it and costing me so much development time. I am wondering if other people have experienced the same issue.
    I was trying to go back to STS but I have been unsuccessful at updating codeMix license.

#674631 Reply

support-swapna

bkgadam,

Extremely sorry for this experience with MyEclipse.

1. Can you please check if you see the problem with a new workspace as well? Please import your project to a fresh new workspace to rule out workspace specific issues. If MyEclipse still freezes, then please share with us the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (Rename the extension to .txt and attach it here)

2. If the freeze is only seen with the original STS workspace, then please share the .log file from that workspace.

3. Does the IDE freeze only when performing a specific action like editing/saving files?

4. Are you working with a large workspace? i.e large projects with many files? Please share with us more details about the number of projects in the workspace, the size of projects including the number of files (approximately).

5. For the UI freeze, we also need the thread dumps to help us figure out what process is running. To take a thread dump, you will need to run
    jstack -l 9000 > dump1.txt
    Please replace 9000 with the PID of the MyEclipse process, the jstack program can be found in the bin directory of any JDK installation. If you can generate 3-4 dumps (sent to different files, of course) during the period of freeze, and attach those files here, that could help a great deal.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#674802 Reply

Brian Fernandes

bkgadam – just wanted to check in on this issue; we take performance concerns seriously and would like to ensure they get addressed. If you can answer Swapna’s questions, or get us a thread dump, that will help us figure out where the problem is. Based on that, we could suggest a workaround, or make fixes back in the product.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse freezes a lot after installation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in