facebook

MyEclipse hover feature broken

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lofi
    Participant

When you hover over a class or a method you usually see the JavaDoc. This doesn’t work anymore in MyEclipse 1.0 stable. I checked the log and this is in it:

!SESSION 2017-07-06 17:18:47.621 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=15.0.0.Stable-001

java.version=1.8.0_40

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=de_AT

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface.text 4 0 2017-07-06 17:20:08.816

!MESSAGE Unexpected runtime error while computing a text hover

!STACK 0

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.JavadocHover.getStyleSheet(JavadocHover.java:943)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.JavadocHover.getHoverInfo(JavadocHover.java:747)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.JavadocHover.internalGetHoverInfo(JavadocHover.java:635)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.JavadocHover.getHoverInfo2(JavadocHover.java:627)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.BestMatchHover.getHoverInfo2(BestMatchHover.java:164)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.BestMatchHover.getHoverInfo2(BestMatchHover.java:130)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.JavaEditorTextHoverProxy.getHoverInfo2(JavaEditorTextHoverProxy.java:86)

at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewerHoverManager$4.run(TextViewerHoverManager.java:165)

I installed 22 versions of MyEclipse 1.0 stable in the last 2 weeks. This version got released in April. I expected everything to work. Apparently there’s still this annoying bug in it. Is there an easy fix to this that every developer can apply themselves?

An interesting thing is that a colleague has the same installation as others and for him it works. So I have hopes that there is an easy fix withouth having to install the latest CI version on 22 machines.

Thank you very much for your help!

note: this is a repost, for some reason my edited post doesn’t show up anymore

#529525 Reply

Lofi
    Participant

Found a workaround after checking why it worked for a colleague. Apparently stylesheets get re-initailized after switching themes: Switch to darkest theme, then try to show the javadoc via hover (should work now), then switch back to classic theme, then restart MyEclipse. Works fine after that and every subsequent restart, also the JavaDoc view.

#529535 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Lofi,

Thanks for figuring this out and posting a workaround. This has been fixed in later CI releases so your workaround is the only way to fix this in the older Stable release.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience but, again, thanks for pursuing the fix.

Apologies for the missing post of yours – we’ll investigate that to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse hover feature broken

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in