facebook

MyEclipse HTML Editor

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

benanthony

Could someone point me in the right directions or some possible examples of plugins. I would like to add a couple of extensions to the MyEclipse HTML Editor. They are:

1. When pressing the home key I would like it to go to the first text in the line rather than the begining of the line.
    2. I need to be able to have much more control over the coloring, I would like to have diffrent colors for every html tag.
    3. I would like to be able to add my own tags that will prompt like the html tags do.

Thanks,
    Ben

#223142 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ben,
    Have you tried taking a look at some of the other editor enhancement plugins that are out there?

#223146 Reply

benanthony

I have actually, but I can’t seem to find one that does what I want without it doing too much, so I figured there must be a way to write my own extension, I could write my own editor but then I would lose the content assist and all of that.

#223147 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ohh I just meant for examples, not to use them.

#223233 Reply

benanthony

Can you tell me where the HTML editors gets its list of tags and attributes from? I am assuming that this is a dtd or something in one of the plugin directories. I would like to modify it and add some more tags that are custom to our application.

#223235 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ben,
    I’ve asked the devs to take a look at this post, but they are pretty swamped right now so you might need to discover this by asking on the Eclipse newsgroup or other area.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse HTML Editor

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in