facebook

MyEclipse install problem on Mac

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Stephen Smith
    Participant

I’ve tried it any number of times, always following the instructions for downloading Eclipse for the Mac (using Safari and Stuffit 7.0.3), and the install instructions for MyEclipse but I’ve never got the ‘Configuration has changed’ and the install completion when Eclipse is next launched. I do get the MyEclipse menu in the menubar and options in the ‘new’, ‘view’ and ‘properties’ dialogs though. There’s also no ‘MyEclipse’ icon in the ‘About Eclipse’ menu and no ‘MyEclipse Welcome’ page available.

Mac OS X 10.2.6
    Java 1.4.1 installed
    eclipse-SDK-2.1.1-macosx-carbon running in Java 1.3.1
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench GA Version 2.6.2 for Mac OS/X

Anyone have any ideas?

#198770 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Stephen,

From this it’s unclear whether MyEclipse correctly installed or not. Can you open the Installation / Update perspective and expand your current configuration and see if there are any errors associated with MyEclipse? Can you open the MyEclipse perspective (Window > Open Perspective > Other… > MyEclipse)? Are there any errors in the Eclipse log file (<workspace>/.metadata/.log)? Is there a file in the links directory (<EclipseInstallationDir>/links)? Does the contents point to the location of the MyEclipse installation directory?

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#198780 Reply

Stephen Smith
    Participant

Installation / Update perspective and expand your current configuration and see if there are any errors associated with MyEclipse?

— no errors, just the option to disable myeclipse

Can you open the MyEclipse perspective (Window > Open Perspective > Other… > MyEclipse)?

— I have the menu item to open the myeclipse perspective, what am I intended to see? What I do get are three views: Outline, Tasks and Package Explorer

Are there any errors in the Eclipse log file (<workspace>/.metadata/.log)?

— there’s no .log file just .cache.properties, .config, .keyring, .lock, .plugins, .registry, and version.ini

Is there a file in the links directory (<EclipseInstallationDir>/links)? Does the contents point to the location of the MyEclipse installation directory?

Yes, and it points to the right place

#198796 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

It appears that MyEclipse is installed correctly from what you’ve reported. To get an overview and learn how to use it, a good place to start would be the Web Development Tutorial that is contained in the MyEclipse User Guide in the help system. To open the user guide, just select Help > Help Contents > MyEclipse User Guide.

If you have any usage questions, please be sure to search the forums and then post us a followup question if you can’t find what you need. We’re here to help.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#198804 Reply

I’m having install problems w/ my Mac as well. I registered for my annual membership, and got the latest installer from the downloads section, and when I try to run the installer app, it doesn’t do anything. I see the dock shift ever so slightly, but nothing happens.

So I took a look in the console output and I see this message.

Sep 28 10:07:25 Gluttony WindowServer[818]: ERROR! execle(/Users/timster/Desktop/Enterprise Workbench Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Enterprise Workbench Installer) returned, err=22

I tried googling around, and it seems that on a few occasions, other people have reported problems with a similiar error condition with launching other programs (not the myeclipse installer). But I have been unable to find an solution.

So I’m hoping that one of you guys might know what to do? I’m really anxious to install this – thanks.

#198805 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

timkett,

This is really a peculiar problem and we haven’t seen it before. I did a Google search and found a thread where a user was encountering this issue with other programs, as you mentioned. It appears to be permissions related and the full thread is here:
    http://mjtsai.com/blog/2003/01/02/1023_and_opensave_dialogs.html

Once you go through this, please be sure and post back your findings in case any of our other Mac users run into this too.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse install problem on Mac

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in