facebook

MyEclipse no longer customizable?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

innohut

One thing i liked about MyEclipse is that it used to be easily customizable. This no longer seems to be the case. I am a bit unhappy with the new version since it does not fully support subversion, provides no support for jboss tools and no support for axis ide tools, to name just a few. However, i had no issues setting these up with the previous 6.0 version. My biggest gripe is that now I have to use standard eclipse distro for seam or axis development so it begs the question why pay for myeclipse at all. I guess for MyEclipse the problem is the move from an open and easily modifiable eclipse core to the terrible mess that is pulse. Pulse is a bit like maven is for build tools but without the advantages. It would be great if i could use the similar setup to 6.0 (where i could access the plugin directory of the underlying eclipse, for example) with the newer 7.1 version. After taking a look at the installation folder, I have some doubts, but if this is still possible, perhaps I have spoken too soon…

Alex
    “If I was happy, I’d be coding…”

#296007 Reply

Loyal Water

Hi Alex,
    We don’t have an eclipse folder but we do have a .dropin folder in ME 7.x where you can dop your plugins and MyEclipse will pick them up on the next start.
    http://www.jroller.com/myeclipseblog/entry/adding_drop_ins_to_myeclipse

I hope that helps.

#296012 Reply

innohut

This is exactly what I was looking for. I will try it later today.

Alex
    “If I was happy, I’d be coding…”

#296033 Reply

Loyal Water

Your welcome.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse no longer customizable?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in