facebook

MyEclipse Pro 2013 SR1 install fails when /tmp is noexec

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jdeurisco

The subject say it all…

On my Linux Mint Debian Edition installation, /tmp is mounted ‘noexec’ and hence the unpacked oneinstaller fails to execute:

$ ./myeclipse-pro-2013-SR1-online-installer-linux.run -console
    Starting installer – please wait…
    – Preparing install engine
    – Extracted install engine
    – Detected JVM architecture: 64 bit
    – Launching install engine with console output
    ./myeclipse-pro-2013-SR1-online-installer-linux.run: 249: ./myeclipse-pro-2013-SR1-online-installer-linux.run: /tmp/oneinstall_5129/myeclipse-pro-2013-online-installer-linux/installer/pulse-one-64: Permission denied
    – Exited install engine

Could you please update the installer so that one can force the installer to use a different tmp dir?

Also it would be nice with a short introduction to the installer options on the download page.

Thanks.

#342122 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

jdeurisco,

I’m sorry you’re seeing this issue. I have raised a bug for this problem but there are a couple of potential workarounds.

The cleanest one is to use the MyEclipse update site to install MyEclipse on top of a classic/standard eclipse distribution. The instructions can be found on the downloads page.

A rather messier workaround involves modifying the installer. Change to the directory containing the installer and enter (for example):

sed 's/tmp\/oneinstall/home\/tony\/temp/' myeclipse-pro-2013-SR1-offline-installer-linux.run >newInstaller.run
    chmod +x newInstaller.run
    ./newInstaller.run

Note that the new path (in the above example, “home/tony/temp”) needs to be the same length as the path being replaced. The sed command may appear as multiple lines, above; it should be a single line.

Of course, altering the mount to remove the noexec option, temporarily, would also work.

Please let us know if this helps and thanks for pointing out this problem.

#342172 Reply

jdeurisco

Thanks, Tony.

I’ve used the alternative way of installation and while it does not provide the myeclipse splash and icon, it does work.

Best regards,

Jacob

#342223 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Jacob,

Thanks for letting us know. I’m glad you got it working and thanks again for reporting the issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse Pro 2013 SR1 install fails when /tmp is noexec

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in