facebook

.myeclipse.properties license file question

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

ryboj

Our developers just purchased your Full Enterprise Workbench 6.0 tool and I have downloaded it and installed it.

I’m sure you’ve seen this question before, phrased one way or another.

I noticed after putting in the subscription code and subscriber ID that the file .myeclipse.properties file is going into the user’s profile that the program was installed under and/used under. I’ve never seen this before and to tell you the truth, it makes my life hard as a Packager.

I’ve read through the forums but didn’t get enough clarity on how to remedy this issue.

I can’t package this software knowing that once I’ve deployed it a Desktop person is then going to have to enter the license information in order for it to work correctly for the licensed user.

Where can I stick the .myeclipse.propeties file so the program is authorized under all user profiles without having to put this file underneath each user’s profiles?

Thanks!
    Ryan

#275108 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ryan, I’ve followed up in PM.

#275109 Reply

ryboj

Thanks for the quick response. I’ll read through it now!

Ryan-

#275110 Reply

ryboj

PM’d you w/ a q, thanks.

#275160 Reply

ryboj

Riyad, let me know if there is any other way to get the application to recognize “plugin_customization.ini” with the embedded lic information.

Thanks, Ryan

#275197 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ryan,
    Sorry for the delay, I had no idea why it wasn’t picking up the key, and kicked your question back to the guys that work on the licensing management. No reply from them yet. I’ll ping them again.

#275200 Reply

ryboj

Thanks for the follow-up. Let me know if I can do any other type testing, otherwise I’ll await your next response.

#275257 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ryan,
    Have you ever entered other subscription information? That will take precedence over the custom ini file… you can go to C:\Documents and Settings\<USER NAME> and look for a .myeclipse.properties file… if it’s there, that might explain why it’s not working.

#275263 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ahh, also just got a note from a dev, the ini file you need to modify is the one under the com.genuitec.myeclipse.product plugin. We are adjusting the doc to fix this.

#275316 Reply

ryboj

Great, I was hoping to have more to go off today. I will try these things now. Thanks!

#275317 Reply

ryboj

Riyad, right on! You nailed it. Thanks for the clarification on the dir com.genuitec.myeclipse.product plugin. It made all the difference in the world. (I reinstalled, thus removing the myeclipse properties issue if it was there)

Right now just having difficulty converting this into an msi. Need an easy way to deploy this moving forward so it’s automated.

#275392 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Awesome that it worked.

As far as MSI… you could probably make your own sort-of “all in one” installer, by downloading Eclipse, and MyEclipse, putting them in a directory together then using a link file in the Eclipse install with a relative path to the MyEclipse install to link the Eclipse setup to the MyEclipse one (which includes your custom INI)… then build a MSI installer from those files…

I used to do this with each release for support purposes, but now we have the all in one installer, so that works easier for me.

#275395 Reply

ryboj

Riyad, again thanks for the earlier fix. I’ll read over your last post. It’s fairly loaded in terms of what to do, so I’ll make sure I understand it completely.

By the way, is a JRE, i.e 1.5.0.11 a pre req by any chance? I get a message at the end when I’m packaging it that Java 1.5.0_11 is not installed correctly or something to that effect.

Just trying to find the best way to automate this install.

#275399 Reply

Riyad Kalla

By the way, is a JRE, i.e 1.5.0.11 a pre req by any chance? I get a message at the end when I’m packaging it that Java 1.5.0_11 is not installed correctly or something to that effect.

Sort of, just use 1.5.0_11 or later (not 1.6.0) for the best experience of running MyEclipse out of the box. I think Sun is up to patch 13 or something now.

Also, here’s info on the “links file” thing I mentioned: http://divby0.blogspot.com/2007/06/managing-plugins-and-features-with-link.html

it just tells Eclipse “hey plugin-loader, go look over here for some more plugins to load while you are starting up”.

#275401 Reply

ryboj

You got it, I will make sure I have that JRE down while testing. I’ll also review the other link mentioned.

Thanks for your patience with me,

Ryan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Reply To: .myeclipse.properties license file question

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in