facebook

.myeclipse.properties license file question

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Wilbur Hong

I tried following this thread and it doesn’t work for me.
    directory for plugin_customization.ini is C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 6.0.1\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.myeclipse.product_6.0.1.zmyeclipse601200710

keys
    com.genuitec.eclipse.core/LICENSEE=
    com.genuitec.eclipse.core/LICENSE_KEY=

what I have done wrong??

#288400 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Tellus-DT are you just trying to enter your own sub info or trying to set it up for redistribution inside the company?

#288405 Reply

Wilbur Hong

I am trying to set this up, so we distribute this internally within the company by pushing myeclipse with Microsoft’s SMS to developers PC’s.

#288407 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Tellus-DT,

The plugin_customization.ini file has to be in the appropriate Product plugin based on which one is being launched. If you did the All in One installer, then using the c.g.m.product plugin like you have above is right, but if you did your own install of Eclipse + MyEclipse (which I am guessing you did since you are putting this all togehter for internal distribution), it needs to be in the Eclipse product plugin dir, whcih is the SDK plugin dir for Eclipse Classic, usually something like: \plugins\org.eclipse.sdk_3.3.3.r33x_r20080129

#288413 Reply

Wilbur Hong

yes. you are correct. we have our own version of eclipse (merged classic and j2ee distribution). I updated the plugin_customization in the exact folder that you suggested above, and I get still get prompted for subscription information.

#288414 Reply

Wilbur Hong

I searched for all plugin_customization.ini files and found another one in \eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.platform_3.3.3.r33x_r20080129. when I added the LICENSE info, eclipse now starts with the myeclipse license installed. thx for your assistance.

#288423 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Dang, nice catch. I knew it was 1 of those two.

Also I wanted to point out that MyEclipse can sometimes have problems when installed ontop of the JEE distribution of Eclipse because it already ships all those libraries (WTP).

The most stable setup is Eclipse Classic/SDK + MyEclipse

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: .myeclipse.properties license file question

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in