facebook

MyEclipse "locked" when trying to add a library.

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tzundel

Hello MyEclipse Support folks,

I launched MyEclipse this morning, and for some weird reason, 2 of my projects have just lost their log4j.jar. (I had added this to the “Java Build Path”, by extending the “SPRING_DATA_HOME” variable, and browsing specifically to the log4j.jar that was contained there (Don’t remember the specific version).

So, On two of my projects in my workspace, the log4j jar is not in the build path. (Thats issue #1)

Issue #2 is any variable for SPRING is no longer listed… It seems to have disappeared. That’s quite odd. I cannot add it back.

Okay, on to Issue #3. I want to add a log4j library from somewhere (i.e. I need to get this working, and thought I’d find a log4j library somewhere else). Well, I went to add the library, and I end up in the screen “Add Library” with a blank “list” of libraries. No matter what button I push “next”, “cancel”, or the little red-x in the upper right corner, MyEclipse is stuck on this dialog box, and I cannot progress.

I had to kill MyEclipse with the task manager, so I could get back in, and copy the following information:

*** Date:
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 11:59:39 AM MST

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1.0
    Java version=1.5.0_11

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 7.0
    Build id: 7.0-20081201

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 7.0
    Build id: 7.0-20081201

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.4.1.r341_v20080731-9I96EiDElYevwz-p1bP5z-NlAaP7vtX6Utotqsu
    Build id: M20080911-1700

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.4.1.r341_v20080709-0800-7o7tEAfEF_U5qyUgrb2HAp539P97
    Build id: M20080709-0800

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework GEF

Version: 3.4.1.v20080806-67718083A56B4H2A3213573
    Build id: 200809101400

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.4.100.r341_v20080814-989JESIEdAciFYfkZZsBfSwQ2341
    Build id: M20080703-0800

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.4.1.r341_v20080731-7T7U0E9mlRIuGUYviF_VP
    Build id: M20080703-0800

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.0\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.0\../Common\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.101.R34x_v20080731\eclipse_1115.dll
    -startup
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.0\../Common\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.101.R34x_v20080819.jar
    -clean
    -configuration
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.0\configuration
    -vm
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jre.win32.x86_1.5.0.011\bin\client\jvm.dll

Now that I’ve killed MyEclipse and started it up again… The projects are “fixed”, and that variable exists again. I guess I’m “good to go”, but perhaps you should log this and check to see if anyone else has the same problem. Normally MyEclipse just works, I’m not sure what the hickup this morning was.

Also, I’m happy to send more information or whatever if it will somehow help you diagnose this.

Thank you,

tzundel

[/img]

#295036 Reply

Loyal Water

Did the IDE shut down abruptly before you ran into this issue?

We are sorry for the hiccup. I’ll let the dev team to keep a look out for this issue.

#295051 Reply

tzundel

Hello,

Nope, the IDE didn’t shutdown at all. It was completely “hung”. I was unable to close the dialog box (Including by pusing the little red – x that windows provides). MyEclipse was just hung. I had to kill it myself with the Task Manager.

I don’t believe I’ve ever had MyEclipse shut down abruptly.

As a matter of fact, before MyEclipse 7, It has been rock solid over the last couple of years… ME 7 seems to have introduced some strange inconsistencies… I sometimes have to restart it, as I occasionally (maybe once a week) get weird, unexplained, unhelpful errors when I start it. Usually, simply killing it and restarting it will “fix” whatever is wrong. I had this issue with the Java Build Path yesterday (The genesis of this thread). ME7 seems to “hang” for a few seconds, at inconsistent times, etc.

Honestly, if I didn’t have a couple of years of “GREAT” history with ME, I’d consider looking elsewhere for more stability at this point.

I remember you had a poll not too long ago about “what features do you want”. I was sort of sad to not see the option: “No new features, just get what it offers not working”.

Okay, sorry this has turned into a bit of a ‘rant’, please let me know what other information I can provide to help you diagnose anything.

btw… Came in this morning, started MyEclipse, and everything seems to be working fine.

#295054 Reply

tzundel

Oops… I re-read my post, and in regards to the “poll”, It should have read:

“I was sort of sad to not see the option: ‘I don’t want any new features, just please get the current feature set working solidly and reliably’ “

#295073 Reply

Loyal Water

Okay, sorry this has turned into a bit of a ‘rant’, please let me know what other information I can provide to help you diagnose anything.

We have your installation information and I’ll let the dev team to keep a look out for this problem. I’ll let you know incase we need more information.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse "locked" when trying to add a library.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in