facebook

MyEclipse Server : There are no resources that can be added or removed…

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

aruna1122
    Participant

I’m running Win 10, MyEclipse Version: CI 2018.8.0.
    I’m unable to add or remove any deployments:
    “There are no resources that can be added or removed from the server”

I’ve googled and found instructions for updating Java in the Project Facets, but that didn’t work.

Thanks!

#597511 Reply

support-swapna

Aruna,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. It could be an issue with incompatible web application version with the targeted server.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. Is the project a maven based web project? Please share with us the Java and Dynamic Web Module versions of the project by right clicking on the project > Properties > Project Facets.

2. Is the project created newly in MyEclipse 2018 or you are working with an existing project?

3. If you are trying to deploy a JavaEE 8 project to MyEclipse Tomcat 8.5, then the project will not show up for deployment as Tomcat 8.5 supports only till JavaEE 7. If you are working with a different server, then please share with us more details about the server and its version to help us investigate further.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#597531 Reply

aruna1122
    Participant

Hi Swapna. The issue is resolved. Below are the steps I took to be able to deploy.

1. Is the project a maven based web project?

YES. Please share with us the Java and Dynamic Web Module versions of the project by right clicking on the project > Properties > Project Facets. Dynamic Web Module: 4.0; Java: 1.8

2. Is the project created newly in MyEclipse 2018 or you are working with an existing project?

Newly created project in Eclipse 2018

3. If you are trying to deploy a JavaEE 8 project to Tomcat 8.5, then the project will not show up for deployment as Tomcat 8.5 supports only till JavaEE 7. If you are working with a different server, then please share with us more details about the server and its version to help us investigate further.

Yes, I was trying to deploy a JavaEE8 to Tomcat 8.5. However I didn’t realize Tomcat was a default in this version. I am using Wildfly app. Server. I decided to switch Java EE version to JavaEE 6 –Web 3.0 and the Java version and JSTL version set automatically. After this change I was able to deploy!

#597555 Reply

support-swapna

Aruna,

Thank you for the details. Tomcat 9 supports JavaEE 8. I have filed a report with the dev team to update our embedded Tomcat server version to 9.

We are also adding support for newer versions of WildFly (WildFly 13) which support JavaEE 8 in our next update. We will keep you posted when the update is out.

Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#597758 Reply

support-swapna

Aruna,

Our next update CI 2018.9.0 is out and it adds connectors for latest WildFly versions (12 and 13) which support JavaEE 8 applications.

Please update from Help > Check for Updates and let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse Server : There are no resources that can be added or removed…

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in