facebook

MyEclipse Tomcat6 "Create Launch Configuration"

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

md10024

Hi,

I’m trying to create a launch configuration for a MyEclipse 6 Tomcat 6 project.

When I open the “Run Dialog” and select the MyEclipse Server Application for my deployment I don’t see the same tabs (Environment, Classpath, Source, etc) that I do when I open just Tomcat 6.

Secondly, when I try to Configure the instance in the “Servers”, then select MyEclipse Tomcat 6->Launch->Create Launch Configuration, I don’t see that config getting assigned to my launch instance.

In fact the documentation on this page doesn’t match what I see in my application.

Any hints as what is going on and how I assign environmental variables to my MyEclipse 6 Tomcat 6 launch config?

#282335 Reply

md10024

P.S. This is the documentation page that I’m referring to
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/appservers/

#282353 Reply

Loyal Water

Any hints as what is going on and how I assign environmental variables to my MyEclipse 6 Tomcat 6 launch config?

You want to set environment variables for you custom configured server ? That can be done under the Environment tab on the Create Custom launch Config page. Are you looking for something else ?

When I open the “Run Dialog” and select the MyEclipse Server Application for my deployment I don’t see the same tabs (Environment, Classpath, Source, etc) that I do when I open just Tomcat 6.

The tabs that you have mentioned are available under the MyEclipse Server and not under MyEclipse Server Application. I hope I haven’t missed your question.

#282387 Reply

md10024

That can be done under the Environment tab on the Create Custom launch Config page. Are you looking for something else ?

When I create a custom launch configuration, I do not see that named config in my Run or Debug dialogs. Likewise I do not see any way to edit that config once it is created. Am I missing something?

The tabs that you have mentioned are available under the MyEclipse Server and not under MyEclipse Server Application.

Can you explain the difference between the “server” and the “server application” or point me to the documentation that explains it?

How do I set env variables for my embedded Tomcat application?

Thanks

#282423 Reply

Loyal Water

Can you explain the difference between the “server” and the “server application” or point me to the documentation that explains it?

“Server” refers to your application servers e.g. Tomcat, JBoss etc. “Server application” lists the applications/projects which are available for deployment. Under MyEclipse Server Application you create a Launch Config for you project by selecting the project and the server that the project has to be deployed to.

#282425 Reply

Riyad Kalla

md10024,
    A few things to note here:

1. You cannot create a Launch Configuration for the MyEclipse Tomcat Server. Because it’s an internal server and all trimmed down, we block you from being able to create it so it won’t show up in the RUn/Debug dialogs.

2. If all you want to do is setup environment variables for your app server, you can do that from the standard connector dialog under the JDK arguments page by adding -D command line arguments, they will be loaded by the VM as env variables (e.g. -Duser.name=jeffb)

3. If you really want to use a Launch Config, you should probably grab Tomcat 6 from the Apache site and setup the Tomcat 6 connector and do the launch config from there.

Sorry for the confusion.

#283055 Reply

guyr

This message has not been recovered.

#283062 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This message has not been recovered.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse Tomcat6 "Create Launch Configuration"

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in