facebook

myeclipse Version 2023.1.0 install / upgrade fails

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

foamteam
    Participant

Tried to install the of MyEclips. encountered error.

when I install via update alert, I get java.net.UnknownHostException: downloads.genuitec.com (see full stack trace attached)

When I try to do a full install from website, Windows defender blocks it :

Micros Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk. Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk. oft Defender S
    App: myeclipse-2023.1.0-offline-installer-windows.exe
    Publisher: Genuitec, LLC

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #696880 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Sorry to hear you’ve run into issues with the update. With the in-product update, it’s possible that there was a network issue at that time, can you restart the IDE and retry? We’ve confirmed that the update site is up and running right now. Are you able to access the URLs in the stack trace in a browser on your system? Please also take a look at https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/configuring-the-network-proxy-settings/ in case you need to configure a proxy in MyEclipse.

Regarding the offline installer, the installer is completely safe to use, but because it is a new executable it will take some time for Windows Defender to build “trust” in the file and this may prevent the executable from running directly on some systems. Unfortunately there is no way we can speed up this process at this time. You can click “Run Anyway” or the “More info” link to trust and run the installer beyond this message.

Hope you’re able to move forward with the MyEclipse installation, do let us know.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: myeclipse Version 2023.1.0 install / upgrade fails

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in