facebook

myEclipse web project opened by plain Eclipse?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sbirnie

Just wondering if anyone is in a situation where they have some people using myEclipse and some not. We’d like to update one of our projects to a myEclipse WebProject, but we can’t submit the changes to CVS because we have other developers that work on the project that do not use myEclipse.

Is there a way to get this to work for the non-myEclipse developers?

#221185 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Absolutely,
    I do this with all my projects (don’t check any IDE-specific files in, so someone using Textpad sees the same thing that someone using JBuilder sees).

1) Synchronize your project with CVS, make sure all changes are sync’ed up
    2) Add web capabilities to your project, setup everything you need.
    3) Resync with the CVS repo, add the .myeclipse directory, .mymetadata file and any other .my* files that are new as a result of adding web caps (adding other capabilities like Hibernate or Struts will add new dot files, so remember to handle them too) now add all these files to your .cvsignore file
    4) All all new files to cvs ignore until the only new thing is the .cvsignore file itself, go ahead and check that in.

Now your computer will be the only one with the myeclipse-specific files. Each ME developer will need to add web caps themselves, but as long as the .cvsignore file is in the appropriate dir of your project (have them update to get it) then their clients won’t commit any of the ME-specific files into CVS.

#221191 Reply

sbirnie

what about the changes it makes to .classpath and .project?

#221194 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Besides always manually unchecking those when performing a checking, I don’t have an automated way to not check those changes in for you, sorry.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: myEclipse web project opened by plain Eclipse?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in