facebook

MyEclipse XFIRE

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Aditya04

Hi ,

I am New to webservice…..My present Platform is JDK 1.4.2.07, MyEclipse 5.1,Tomcat 5.0.3.

Will i be fine if i am using XFIRE..

Prompt reply will be appreciated,

Minu

#266986 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Moving to OT > Soft Dev

Minu yes you should be fine. MyEclipse uses XFire internally for all generated Web Services and WS Clients.

#266989 Reply

Aditya04

Thanks a lot…But when i read the pre-requist for WEBSERVICES. it says JDK 1.5 and i have JDK 1.4.2-07…

That is my only concern……

Plz reply promptly..

Minu

#266991 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Minu,
    That message is correct, currently we generate web services that run under JDK 5 and not 1.4. That may be an issue that plays into your decision making process if you *have* to stay with Java 1.4.

#267017 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Note that XFire based webservices will work with Java 1.4 as the framework is 1.4 compatible. Of course, you won’t be able to use annotations in your web services if you stick with 1.4.

The other point to remember is that our generating tool (WSDL -> WS implementation) produces Java 5 code and will only work if you run eclipse with a Java 5 JDK.

#267051 Reply

Aditya04

Thanks..What if i want to use Apache Axis….? Will it be okay to use it with Myeclipse IDE.

Thanks for ur help….

Minu

#267074 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Minu,
    Please see this thread for more info about MyEclipse & Axis: http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-16061.html

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse XFIRE

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in