facebook

MyEclipse xml editor behaves strange ?? [Dup]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

edbras

Hellu,

I am using Eclipse 3, M4 with myeclipse 306 and the xml editor of myeclipse does strange.
    Often, when I first delte something in the xml file and then insert something, it only inserts characters before any character that I type, so it only inserts characters at the beginning where I startted editing… strangee…
    What is wrong ??

#200419 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

edbas,

This is a known bug with the XML editor on Eclipse 3.0. It is typically aggravated by clearing out all the text and typing into a fresh file. Working within preexisting XML files doesn’t seem to exhibit the behavior.

The next release, 2.7/3.7, will contain a completely new XML editor that should resolve the issue, along with providing code assist, DTD caching, etc. Currently, we anticipate 3.7 to be available early next week.

The thread that identified this bug is here:
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/reverse-typing-xml-editor-bug-in-3-6-x-closed/&highlight=bug+xml

By the way, the bug does not appear in the 2.6.4 release of the product, which is what we recommend for production development due to the instability of the Eclipse 3.0 milestone builds. In any case, we’re sorry for the inconvenience and will address this issue very shortly.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse xml editor behaves strange ?? [Dup]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in