facebook

MyEclipse9 (Pulse 3.2 64.bit) – Moved from Pulse forums

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

support-jed
    Keymaster

Moved from: http://www.poweredbypulse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1450

I got following problems with new MyEclipseIDE v. 9:

32Bit installation of MyEclipse 9 on Pulse 64bit

# Problem 1:
    Before installing profile:
    Eclipse Base 3.6.2

After Installing profile:
    Eclipse Base 3.6.1

It didn’t happen with MyEclipse 9 M2 profile before.

# Problem 2
    Clean MyEclipse 9 profile and I can’t install “SpringIDE for MyEclipse – AJDT Support” do to missing dependencies.

# Problem 3
    When I removed “Common” directory in order to redownload everything MyEclipse installed with Spring Support (not AJDT part) that do not work
    Just like plugins could disappear (do not start because of lack of dependencies?).

Maybe there is something wrong with that new MyEclipse 9 profile? I don’t have time now to experiment (maybe latter) to determine if it is my enviroment or not, so I just share the information now. Maybe someone else do have the same problem.

Let me know if you need more information.

Best regards.

#315388 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Jakub,

1) Not sure what you mean by “before installing the profile”, but MyEclipse 9 is built on Eclipse 3.6.1 – so when installed, it will use Eclipse 3.6.1 and not 3.6.2.

2) This fails because you do need to install the AJDT plugins yourself.

3) Please do not remove the common folder or change it in anyway. Make sure you install MyEclipse and it is working fully -if not, please re-run the installer for MyEclipse again. After this, open the Help > MyEclipse Configuration Center and go to the Software tab. There, under the Browse Software section, under Pulse Catalog > Browse Categories > Tools, find “AspectJ Development Tools” and add that to your profile. Apply the change and restart MyEclipse. Now attempt to install the module you mentioned above, the SpringIDE AJDT support.

Please let us know if you still require further assistance.

#315392 Reply

Jakub Wach
    Participant

1) Pulse profile in “My profiles” before downloading and installing shows that MyEclipse 9 includes Eclipse Base 3.6.2, after installing that profile it shows that MyEclipse 9 includes Eclipse 3.6.1.
    But that doesn’t bother me until everything works.

2) OK, sorry I didn’t know that. I don’t remember that it was required in previous versions (or maybe I just didn’t install that optional part before).

3) Clean reinstall of whole Pulse helped for Spring IDE part of MyEclipse. Not to mention that there is now more space (2GB) on disk 😉

Best regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse9 (Pulse 3.2 64.bit) – Moved from Pulse forums

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in