facebook

MyEclipseIDE 7.0 M2 does not install on OS X

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

Brad,

I’m glad that worked, your previous attempts were all valid installation scenarios that we test (on Windows mostly) and I made a note to get these tested before GA on Mac, sorry for the headache.

#289824 Reply

Matisse4MyEclipse should be deselected when installing MyEclipse 7.0 M2 from archived update site on Mac OS X. Unfortunately this featureset is not compatible on Mac at the moment.

I installed MyEclipse 7.0 M2 on vanilla Eclipse 3.4.1 SDK and it works fine. Please tell us if there are any other problem. Thank you in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #289856 Reply

Tim Howland

the profile within pulse doesn’t work on ubuntu 64bit linux for 7M2 (crossposted this from the linux thread, because the linux thread is apparently being actively ignored).

#289890 Reply

Riyad Kalla

thowland,
    It’s not being ignored, we confirmed the problem and filed it in our issue tracker for the Pulse team to get fixed.

#290013 Reply

Tim Howland

It was absolutely being ignored- perhaps not willfully, but the thread was opened on 9/25, and had no genuitec response until 10/5- and the response was effectively useless. Even then, there was no confirmation that you guys were treating this as an issue until 10/10- after I crossposted the note above. Nevertheless, I’m delighted that you have confirmed it as a problem, and am looking forward to it’s resolution.

#290402 Reply

I have been out of the Java world for a while (doing RPG IV web services development on an AS/400 — whew… I’m glad that gig is done). Pulse was a whole new thing for me. A great piece of work. MyEclipseIDE 7.0 M2 Installed on my Mac OS X Perfectly without a hitch…..

Cool a new tool to learn!!!! Pulse looks really powerful.

thanks

Stephen McConnell

#290542 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Stephen,

We really appreciate the feedback and are glad to hear it’s been a good experience for you!

#291448 Reply

skidancer
    Participant

This is really ridiculous. I pay my $$ and Mac seems to be treated as if it were a 2nd class citizen. If it takes a volunteer to get it right, you give me back my yearly subscription fee and access to source and I’ll get it done right.

Actually, I’ll do it one better by creating a .dmg (Mac installer).

–David

#291452 Reply

skidancer
    Participant

How do I get the 7.0 M2 version on Pulse. When I try it only shows me 6.5.

Thanks,

David

#291520 Reply

Loyal Water

David,
    You will have to switch to the Ganymede profile and then you will get the 7.0 option.

#291746 Reply

das75

Can someone from support please summarize where things are at the OS X compatibility? I tried installing Eclipse 3.4.1 then going through the Eclipse software updates menu and pasted in the URL for MyEclipse 7.0 M2 and it would not install. After reading the thread I am confused about the best way to get 7.0 M2 installed. Should I refer to the part of the thread that prescribes using Pulse to install 3.4 Classic then directly enter the URL into Pulse for 7.0? Or, should I install 3.4.1 and use the software update to get 7.0 but making sure to de-select the option for Matisse4MyEclipse? I hope the support team could prescribe the best solution at this time.
    Thanks!

#291783 Reply

Loyal Water

das75,
    FYI: 7.0 GA was released yesterday. You can go to the download page and grab the MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench Version 7.0 for Mac OS/X. You should be able to setup MyEclipse on OS X without issues using this installer.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
Reply To: MyEclipseIDE 7.0 M2 does not install on OS X

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in