facebook

MyEclipseIde, Tomcat and Eclipse on Windows Vista dont work.

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

Guys,
    we really appreciate the help with this. We are working on preparing a 5.1.1 release which is going to include a lot of Eclipse-specific Vista fixes that we hope are going to make this all work much more smoothly. We’ll have it out here in the next few weeks and would love for you guys to bang on it. (It will be based on Eclipse 3.2.2 which came out in the 16th I believe).

#266252 Reply

Okay, ill watch out for the newsletter and ill report back when i have tryed it on Vista.
    I cant wait until you get it out, its really annoying to have both XP and Vista on same machine 🙂

Bjarne

#266321 Reply

Lacos

One question: Will MyEclipse5.5.1 work with Eclipse 3.3M5 (if i use the manual MyEclipse install)?

#266324 Reply

Riyad Kalla

5.1.1 will be based on Eclipse 3.2.2

5.5 will be based on Eclipse 3.3

#266783 Reply

I originally installed MyEclipse5.1 all-in-one. I had the same crashes and tried many different things. I am now successfully working with:

MyEclipse Version: 5.1.0
    Build id: 20061111-5.1.0-GA

Eclipse Version: 3.2.2
    Build id: M20070212-1330

I replace the eclipse directory under the MyEclipse directory (remember, I did the all-in-one install) with the version above. I have been successfully working all week (I was crashing ever time I tried to debug a java app or web app).

Also, I am not running any compatibility options, but changed the default JVM by making the MyEclipse shortcut the following:
    C:\development\java\ides\MyEclipse\eclipse\eclipse.exe -vm “c:\Development\java\jdk1.5.0_11\jre\bin\javaw.exe”

I am running eclipse with Java 1.5 and have successfully debugged apps using 1.5 and 1.4 versions of java.

#267052 Reply

michal.p

Hello
    I’ve got Vista too.. I’ve downloaded brand new Myeclipse (5.1.1.. all in one), which has Vista support. Unfortunately IDE does not work. This is log file:

!SESSION 2007-03-06 19:01:59.234 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=M20060921-0945
    java.version=1.5.0_08
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=pl_PL
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-03-06 19:02:08.617
    !MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-win32-3236 in java.library.path
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:123)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:18)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:125)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createDisplay(Workbench.java:436)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createDisplay(PlatformUI.java:161)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.createDisplay(IDEApplication.java:122)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:75)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

Please help 🙂

#267080 Reply

dm3000
    Participant

@michal.p wrote:

Hello
    I’ve got Vista too.. I’ve downloaded brand new Myeclipse (5.1.1.. all in one), which has Vista support. Unfortunately IDE does not work. This is log file:

Please help 🙂

try installing myeclipse in a directory other than program files.

Worked for me.

Dave

#267081 Reply

Riyad Kalla

michal.p
    There is still some tweaking we need to do, Dave’s suggestion is the best at this point, install under C:\Users\<UserName>\Applications just for clarity sake. I know we aren’t the only ones having some growing pains with this new UAC/Permission model 🙁

#267563 Reply

devmaster

@dm3000 wrote:

@michal.p wrote:

Hello

Please help 🙂

try installing myeclipse in a directory other than program files.

Worked for me.
    Dave

You should also be able to get around this by rigth clicking on the installer and choosing “run as administrator”. This will call the UAC prompt.

Alot of apps dont run in a manner that prompts for UAC. While setting up my Vista system I found that you can ever do a ipconfig /release from a cmd w/o having UAC access. I really dont feel like typing runas every time I need to do something in a prompt so I created a shortcut to cmd that I can right click and run as whenever I need DOS.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: MyEclipseIde, Tomcat and Eclipse on Windows Vista dont work.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in