facebook

MyEclispe for Spring 9.0M1 64bit

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Any news on when MyEclipse For Spring 9.0 M1 will be released so that we can also get the 64 bit version for Windows.

#311967 Reply

neyde

@draw wrote:

Any news on when MyEclipse For Spring 9.0 M1 will be released so that we can also get the 64 bit version for Windows.

We don’t currently have a target date. We’re doing some planning over the next few weeks, so we’ll keep you posted.

#312225 Reply

b4l4nc3r

Very disappointing news about the unknown release date, seeing that the MecForSpring joint-team just started with doing some planning, which seems to indicate the lack of enough user interest/push/pull/etc…

#312226 Reply

b4l4nc3r

This –perhaps unjustly so– makes me wonder whether MecForSpring will survive the competition, or will lag behind, talking about the future of course. It would be the market’s fault, but it doesn’t change that users should take worst-case-scenarios into consideration.

#312246 Reply

neyde

@b4l4nc3r wrote:

Very disappointing news about the unknown release date, seeing that the MecForSpring joint-team just started with doing some planning, which seems to indicate the lack of enough user interest/push/pull/etc…

I can see from your recent comment and your history of comments that Windows 7 64 bit version of MyEclipse is very important to you. It is important to us too, and we’ve already done some preliminary testing and identified some of the actions required on our part to support Win7/64bit.

You may be aware that we recently released ME4S 8.6.1, which includes STS support, code generation customization, improved Maven support, Flex 4.0 support, and Google App Engine support. The decision to prioritize these enhancements is directly related to customer demand. At the time we started the release, these features were considered to be the most important by our customers. I wish there was a way that we could give everybody every new feature that they want. Given that we don’t have infinite resources, we need to priorite the features that are in highest demand.

I presume you realize that MyEclipse for Spring 8.6.1 does work in Win7/64bit. While there isn’t a Win7/64bit version of ME4S, the 32-bit version works well in Win7/64bit.

I encourage other all users that want a Win7/64bit version of ME4S to vote up this request, by responding to this thread with a message of “vote up”.

#312249 Reply

b4l4nc3r

Thank you for your clarity. I understand. The main problem which the 64bit JVM support will solve, is making more RAM allocatable as heap-space. The current limitation of the 32bit JVM on my machine seems to be practically 1000 MB. The 32bit JVM will start up to 1580 MB, but Eclipse will throw exceptions at some-point, with messages indicating too high heap space allocation. That’s why I had to lower to 1 GB.

The need for so much heap-space is in my case mainly triggered by my need to reverse-engineer “big” open source projects using SDE from Visual Paradigm (http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/sde/) & STAN4j analysis (http://stan4j.com/). That also in the context of a lot of loaded Eclipse plugins. I’ve been trying for a long while to stretch my use of Eclipse’s power to the edge of the market. In the meantime, I’m managing with what’s available within my budget like everyone else. 64bit  support is the next step in attaining another part of the rest of my freedom. Thanks again in advance. And keep up the good work. Definitely nice feature additions. It’s time to bring another one home.

#312290 Reply

b4l4nc3r

This message I’m getting again from Eclipse, even having lowered to 1 GB, is really not helping. I hope the 64bit is what’s needed to get what I need.

Not enough storage is available to process this command in tsStartJavaThread (src/jvm/threads/vmthread/lifecycle.c:1096).
    Java heap 1000M reserved, 1000M committed
    Paged memory=154820K/2147352575.
    Your Java heap size might be set too high.
    Try to reduce t

pfff… reduce it ? again?

#312566 Reply

b4l4nc3r

Since no one else has “voted up”, and there are a lot more other requests, may I assume that the progress on this one is slow? Otherwise, any news?

#312623 Reply

neyde

@b4l4nc3r wrote:

Since no one else has “voted up”, and there are a lot more other requests, may I assume that the progress on this one is slow? Otherwise, any news?

We’re targeting the first milestone release of ME4S 9.0 for middle of December.

#312681 Reply

b4l4nc3r

This message has not been recovered.

#313407 Reply

b4l4nc3r

Any news?

#313419 Reply

b4l4nc3r

Ping
    Timeout
    Sigh…

#313477 Reply

b4l4nc3r

I know about the bad timing from my side, but I’ve to try… so.. ping…

#313487 Reply

b4l4nc3r

So any news?

#313488 Reply

b4l4nc3r

Sorry, just read the update about ME 9M2 in the other thread:

@support-swapna wrote:

We are working on the ME 9.0 M2 release. We will let you know shortly about the release.

https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/myeclipse-amp-zend-studio-8/#post-313484

But will the new supports (64bit+Zend Studio 8) also still make it into the ME4S as mentioned over here?:

@Support-Brian wrote:

We are going to be performing extensive compatibility testing with 9.0M2 and will do our best to make sure these combinations work. These fixes will make it to the MyEclipse for Spring 9 releases as well.

https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/myeclipse-amp-zend-studio-8/#post-312694

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
Reply To: MyEclispe for Spring 9.0M1 64bit

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in