facebook

MySQL Documentation plugin

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Chris Parsons
    Participant

I am using 2013 and and trying to get the MySQL documentation/help installed?

I know the control centre has been replaced by ‘Install from catalog’ but cannot see any way of adding the ZIP to the catalog??

Regards

Chris

#339175 Reply

Chris,

You can install plugins in MyEclispe 2013 using “Install from site” under Help menu. Go to Help > Install from site > Click on “Add” button > Give some name and click on “Archive” button and select the plugin zip file and click “Ok” > Select the plugins you want to install and click on “Next” and follow the wizard to install the plugin.

Alternatively, you can install plugins using dropins method. Extract the zip file to <MyEclispe installation directory>/dropins folder > Restart MyEclipse > Upon startup, MyEclipse will automatically check the dropins folder, add any plug-ins it finds there, and report the status of the additional plug-ins with a dialog.

Let us know how this works for you.

#339178 Reply

Chris Parsons
    Participant

The first method failed with a message that the ZIP file was not found (although the path was correct and I could open the file)

(see attached image)

I then unzipped this file into the ‘dropins’ folder and this _did_ work, so thank you very much

Looks like the documentation is just HTML pages and images so I do not know if anything else is required to be recognised as a ‘plugin’, but it did work when unzipped into the dropins folder as I mentioned earlier

Thank you for your help

Chris

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #339181 Reply

Chris,

Since the zip file has only html files and images, the first method failed. There should be a jar file in the zip to install the plugin via update site. Glad that you got it working using the dropins method.

Let us know if you see any further issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MySQL Documentation plugin

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in