facebook

Need clarification on installing plugins

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Pete Helgren
    Participant

I don’t quite understand how plugins can be installed using the Configuration Center. I am attempting to install eGit and have followed instructions found here:
    http://ebeedu.blogspot.com/2011/02/hi-friends-this-is-my-first-post-and-i.html
    I can follow the steps up to the point where it says:

“Apply these for changes.Upon downloading and installation, restart Myeclipse for applying changes.”

Googling other resources I get the impression that I should find an “Apply” link or option but all I see in the “Software Updates Available” section is the message:
    “There are no updates available at this time because this profile is not installed” . Next to the personal software section the software shows “To Install” (in fact ALL the plugins listed show “To Install”

Finally, in the “Install This Profile” section it says:
    “You have not yet installed this profile. Once you install the software, you’ll be able to begin using updates and workspace synchronization. Install this software now!”
    Next to it it has a big Green Arrow that *looks* like a button but appears to be just an icon.

So, I give up! HOW does one install/apply or otherwise activate a plugin?

#317241 Reply

support-joy

phelgren,

Please find attached screenshots which are self explanatory.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #317245 Reply

Pete Helgren
    Participant

Thanks Joy,

Again, all looks good until I look in the “Software Updates Available” section. *You* have entries, I have nothing and I followed your steps *exactly*.

Here is what I see:

http://www.petesworkshop.com/images/Myeclipse_Config_Center.jpg

None of the options your screen shots show display in my configuration center panel.

[/url]

#317263 Reply

support-joy

phelgren,

Your profile seems to be disconnected. Usually if the profile is not installed, it should show you an [Install Now] button under pending changes. In case this button is not listed and you are not able to install your profile, please do the following –
    1. Open Pulse (Start > Programs > Pulse > Pulse Explorer or download from http://www.poweredbypulse.com)
    2. Login to pulse. You can also login anonymously
    3. Select your profile from “MyEclipse profiles”
    4. In case your profile is not listed, expand and click on – Ready to use profiles > Popular, from the right hand pane, right click on MyEclipse profile and click on [install and run]
    5. Follow the wizard to completion

Let me know how this works for you.

#317470 Reply

Pete Helgren
    Participant

Joy,

I attempted to install Pulse by downloading and installing it but had no success (Error: Failed to load the JNI shared library…). I finally re-installed MyEclipse and that seems to have moved things along again. It is running updates now and I’ll let you know if I have any other problems.

Pete

#317476 Reply

support-joy

Pete,

Good to hear you are all set. Let me know if you run into any other issue.

Best.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Need clarification on installing plugins

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in