facebook

Need help with using MyEclipse to deploy an app

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

trant
    Participant

I have a Maven based application project in MyEclipse with web capabilities added so that I may use MyEclipse built in deploy to server feature with a WebLogic 10x connector.

I am able to get pretty much everything deployed in its right place except for my UI files (JSP files) which are under a sub directory of the WEB_INF folder called “views”

How do I get MyEclipse to deploy tjhese files correctly ?

I have project folder structure like this:

/src/main/java — Java files which are part of the build path, MyEclipse correctly places them into the /classes sub-folder of the WEB-INF it deploys

/src/main/resources — property files/Spring config files also made part of the build path – MyEclipse correctly places them too in the /classes sub-folder of the WEB-INF

/src/main/webapp << This is what I set as my default web root when adding web capabilities. It contains my project source WEB-INF, and under that folder is a /views folder containing all my JSPS

/src/main/webapp/views — this is where my JSPs are, using Spring 3 configuration. I made it part of my build path buit the problems is since build path is set to \classes it dumps these files into that folder instead of the WEB-INF/views where I need them. The result is my web app deployed fails to function

I have no ideas on how to get these files deployed to the proper location easily. Anyone have any ideas?

#330416 Reply

support-swapna

trant,

Go to “Project properties -> Deployment Assembly” page. This page describes how your app will be packaged for deployment or export. You can add the entry according to your project structure and set the deploy path as per your requirements.

Let us know if you see any issues.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Need help with using MyEclipse to deploy an app

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in