facebook

Need SERENA Dimension plugin for My Eclipse Blue

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sachin

Hi,
    I want to install SERENA Dimension plugin for My Eclipse Blue,
    Please send me plugin & steps to install,I’ve searched it in Market Place but did not found.

Please help me ?

Thanks in advance ! 🙂

#325270 Reply

support-swapna

SachinMalvi,

We do not provide intrinsic support for third party plugins. If you can find Serena Dimension plugin for Eclipse, you can try installing it on MyEclipse. Please make sure that the plugin version is compatible with the base Eclipse version of MyEclipse. Ex: If you are working with MyEclipse 10.1, then the plugin must be compatible with Eclipse 3.7.

Plugins can be added to MyEclipse in three different ways :

1. If there is an update site available for the plugin, then here are the steps to install it :

a. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse Configuration Center > Software tab.
    b.Click on [add site]. This will open the *Add Update Site* wizard.
    c. Give in the name and the update site URL for the plugin and click “OK”
    d. Expand the plugin under *Personal Sites* till the child node, Right click on plugin and click on [add to profile]
    e.Click on [Apply 1 change] under *Pending Changes*. This will open a wizard.
    f. Accept software licenses and follow the wizard.
    g. When prompted, choose to restart the IDE.
    h. To verify, open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on Help > About MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench > Installation Details > Plug-ins and look for Serena plugin.

Here is an FAQ on how to install ClearCase plugin using an update site for your reference :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/clearcase-how-do-i-install-clearcase-in-myeclipse/

2. If you have a downloaded .zip file for the plugin, then you can select “Add From Archive File” after you click on “Add Site”, select the zip file and follow the same steps as listed above.

3. You can add plugins using the dropins method.Add plugins to [MyEclipse installation dir]/dropins/plugins. In case plugins folder is not already present under dropins directory, please create the same and copy relevant plugins. Similarly add features to [MyEclipse installation dir]/dropins/features.

Let us know if you see any issues.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Need SERENA Dimension plugin for My Eclipse Blue

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in