facebook

Network requests in iOS do not persist: FIXED

1. GapDebug
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – GapDebug

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

raymondcamden
    Participant

edited: marking closed, fixed in GapDebug 2015 update 1.1, released Feb 23, 2015

I’m using the very latest GapDebug. I’ve got a very simple bug in my app where I make a request to a page that does not exist. When I test it via Safari and the debugger, I get the failed requests just fine:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s3/sh/63c861dc-b997-44aa-8510-7a0ff3c66945/f78b4f1eb98e4b2afd98bf3594574cf2

However, when i test via GapDebug, it doesn’t persist. What I mean is, I can see a quick flash of the event in the view, but then it goes away.

#353531 Reply

bterres

I just updated to GapDebug 2015 and am seeing this same behavior. It appears to be a bug.

#353533 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Guys,
    Thx for sharing this matter with us. We are investigating and will update you as soon as we have the issue isolated.

#353548 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@raycamden
    I’m investigating this issue. In the timeline panel I am able to replicate the quirky behavior. For me the timeline will initially show results such as an ajax call mixed with render and js events. Click around and the results disappear or just stop updating (hmm!). For the missing file scenario did you do something like a link with undefined href, e.g., <a href=”doesnotexists.html”>? Any additional details you can share will be appreciated.

Also, can you confirm that the missing file resulted in an error on the console.log? I’m seeing this for the missing html file and ajax calls even when timeline panel is not updating. Will follow up as soon as we have the bug isolated and an update planned.

#353549 Reply

raymondcamden
    Participant

1) It wasn’t a link, but a $.get call.
    2) Yep, it shows an error in the console just fine.

#353550 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Thx for the extra info. Seems the network events are all being filtered… arrrg!
    Digging in deeper.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Network requests in iOS do not persist: FIXED

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in