facebook

New class wizard bug

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

johnsw

If I try to create a servlet that extends HttpServlet using the “New Class” wizard, the wizard fails to correctly identify a J2EE superclass.

Here’s what happens:

1) Create new class – use wizard
    2) Give class its new name
    3) Click on the Browse button for the Superclass
    4) Type “HttpServ” into the Type field at the top of the dialog
    5) Highlight the HttpServlet (class) Type in the list of classes offered
    6) Hit OK
    At this point the following error message is generated:

“Could not uniquely map the type name to a type. Path is D:\Program Files\MyEclipse\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core_2.5.0\data\libraryset\1.3\javax.servlet.jar”

If I try extending a regular (ie non J2EE class) class, then the New Class Wizard works fine.

I think that this was also a bug in the previous release of MyEclipse. Except there the bug was reported, but the browse dialog would place the Superclass name into the superclass field, and ultimately generate the new class correctly.

Within the new 2.5.0 GA release, the superclass fails to be selected.

I am using Eclipse 2.1.1 and MyEclipse 2.5.0 GA on Win2K.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

#197095 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

We’ll try replicating the behavior, but did you try using the “Servlet” creation wizard instead of the “New Class” wizard? The servlet wizard should work fine. In the MyEclipse perspective it hangs just off the New… menu. Or you can get to it by navigating to New > Other > J2EE > Web > Servlet.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197097 Reply

johnsw

but did you try using the “Servlet” creation wizard instead of the “New Class” wizard?

No, because I was deleting and recreating a previously existing servlet, and didn’t want any of the values for the servlet (in web.xml) changed by the “New Servlet…” wizard.

The New Servlet wizard works fine.

The problem is that you cannot subclass ANY of the J2EE classes defined within the jars contained in ..MyEclipse\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core_2.5.0\data\libraryset\1.3 directory (using the New Class wizard).

Try creating a class using the wizard and extending javax.mail.Address for example.

#197099 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

No, because I was deleting and recreating a previously existing servlet, and didn’t want any of the values for the servlet (in web.xml) changed by the “New Servlet…” wizard.

Sure. You can turn off the web.xml changes with the checkbox on the second page of the Servlet wizard. Then, it won’t touch your web.xml file.

Try creating a class using the wizard and extending javax.mail.Address for example

I’ve entered this issue into our internal tracking system so it can be addressed in a future release.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197100 Reply

johnsw

I’ve entered this issue into our internal tracking system so it can be addressed in a future release.

OK, thanks.

#197104 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

And thank you for taking the time to report it. That’s how we improve.

–Scott

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: New class wizard bug

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in