facebook

New JRE Installation

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rob.antici

I am using win2k. I uninstalled my JRE from control panel, add/remove programs, and re-installed a newer version, 1.4.2_03. Anyway, the new vesion is in the program files directory, and MyEclipse no longer has a JRE sub-directory under it. However, because MyEclipse is picking up the new JRE from my path, it appears to be working fine. My question is, should I set something else telling it where the JRE is, rather than it relying on my path? I would like to do this since now my user.dir system property is set to the program files directory where the JRE is installed rather than under MyEclipse. Do you know of any “side effects” I may encounter because of this change?

thanks

#201775 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Rob,
    I’m not sure why you had a JRE subdirectory under the MyEclipse subdirectory, but I’ve not seen that before. The only thing you should need to change (if it didn’t update automatically) is your “Installed JREs” setting in Window->Preferences->Java. If you are doing web app development, you will need to set this JRE to your JDK path and not a JRE path.

I’m confused why your user.dir is resolving to the JRE directory. I’m not aware of any side effects this may cause, but I’ve also never encountered this before. If you wanted to be absolutely safe beyond a shadow of a doubt you could uninstall everything, reboot and reinstall everything; but I can’t promise that will fix the user.dir issue.

Can you check your environment variables (Windows Key+Pause) and see if maybe there is a strange var in there causing the user dir to resolve to the JRE dir?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: New JRE Installation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in