facebook

New Manifest Files – Broken after META-INF replaced

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am using MyEclipseIDE 4.1.1 on Eclipse 3.1.2, Windows 2000.

When creating an EAR, I have an EJB and a web module. I put the source of the EJB in src/main/java. This adds the META-INF in the correct directory. I then attach my source from CVS (our source does not fit perfectly). I can then have the MANIFEST files generated correctly. Then, when I replace the exsting META-INF with a checkout from CVS, the generate new manifest fails. It trys to put the new manifest into src/META-INF. This directory does not exist and is not within the java source directory.

What is it looking at to figure out where to put the MANIFEST file? I have looked around the normal configuration files, but have not been able to find a reference. Is this a know bug with MyEclispseIDE?

Michael

#251250 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Michael,
    Are you generating this file using XDoclet to generate that file? Check your MyEclipse-XDoclet project preferences to make sure the destDir setup in the doclet is right. You might have pulled down a changed project setting or XDoclet build file from CVS when you check otu the source, and that is what is causing it to balk.

#251257 Reply

I am not using XDoclet for this project. I am just using the generate New Module Manifest from the menu of the EAR project.

I was able to get it to work, by deleting the project (but not the directories) and then creating a new project using the same structure (over the existing directories). Does this mean that there are parameters somewhere that tell the EAR project where to store the EJB manifest?

#251261 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Most likely in the .mymetadata file in the project root, it’s possible there was one in CVS that overwrote yours.

#251264 Reply

I don’t think anything was over-written from CVS. This project has never been used in a MyEclipseIDE project.

I don’t see anything in the .mymetadata file to indicate the source.

This problem is very reproducible.

1. Create an EAR project that contains a WebModule and an EJB module.
    2. Generate the manifest. Works ok
    3. Delete the META-INF directory from the EJB project
    4. Recreate the META-INF directory
    5. Generate manifest files. Does not work.

#251275 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I just did your steps and the MANIFEST.MF file was recreated in the EJB project. Can you create a new test Enterprise project and web/ejb module that exhibit this behavior, then email it to support@genuitec.com ATTN Riyad with a link to this thread so I know why I’m getting it. Also include step-by-step instructions that I should take as well as what I should see (what’s wrong) as I run it.

#251298 Reply

Done. I sent it twice, since I forgot the forum link in the first attempt.

#251303 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Got it, have some meetings to complete this morning then I will reply. Thanks for being so prompt.

#251305 Reply

Riyad Kalla

To keep this thread up to date, I got Michael’s project and was able to reproduce the error.

#253972 Reply

Is there a bug id to track for this?

#258124 Reply

Has this bug been fixed? I never saw the bugid to track this.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: New Manifest Files – Broken after META-INF replaced

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in