facebook

new myeclipse 8 m2 not stable

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

parclipse
    Participant

I downloaded myeclipse 9 m2 (32 bit) using pulse in a hope to get rid of the “undefined actionName parameter” validation errors in struts.xml that was introduced in myeclipse 9 m1 release.

When I added subversive plugin, it cannot be loaded and complained about missing library. This worked fine when I did the myeclipse 9 m1 upgrade.

Finally, I choose subversion 1.6 and it works fine after a couple of tries.

Now, this myeclipse release is not stable. It does not fix “undefined actionName parameter” validation error. I got “Unable to create new native thread” when I tried to open struts.xml. The IDE simply disappeared. I have to kill it from the task manager in order to restart it.

I did a search from Help-> search, I got the same error and the IDE crashed.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks!

ct

#314133 Reply

support-swapna

parclipse,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

1. Start the IDE and copy paste your installation details here from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.

2. We are working on the “undefined actionName parameter” validation error and will be included in the next release.

3. Can you give us steps in detail right from project creation to the step where you get the ‘Unable to create new native thread’ error for us to replicate it at our end?

Can you try some steps for me?

1. Launch the Pulse explorer and select the ME 9.0 M2 version under My Profiles. Right click and select ‘Reinstall then Run’.

2. Once done, start the IDE and switch to a new workspace.Check if the issue persists.

#314152 Reply

parclipse
    Participant

It could crash anytime when I open struts.xml , open a jsp page, do a reference search. When it crashes, the gui simply disappears but the process is still running.

Here is the error message in the pop up box before it crashes,

An internal error has occurred.
    No more handles

Here is the summary. I am using Window 7 OS, it is list as WindowsVista. I don’t know if this make any difference.

*** Date:
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 9:01:55 AM EST

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsVista
    OS version=6.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 9.0M2
    Build id: 9.0M2-20110121

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 9.0M2
    Build id: 9.0M2-20110121

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Users\xyz123\AppData\Local\Genuitec\Profiles\MyEclipse 9 2\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Users\xyz123\AppData\Local\Genuitec\Profiles\MyEclipse 9 2\../../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.i18n.win32.win32.x86_3.2.0.v201012131400\eclipse_3210.dll
    -startup
    C:\Users\xyz123\AppData\Local\Genuitec\Profiles\MyEclipse 9 2\../../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar
    -install
    C:\Users\xyz123\AppData\Local\Genuitec\Profiles\MyEclipse 9 2
    -configuration
    C:\Users\xyz123\AppData\Local\Genuitec\Profiles\MyEclipse 9 2\configuration
    -vm
    C:\Users\xyz123\AppData\Local\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

I reinstall the IDE as you suggested. The IDE does not crash as often, but again I only test less than 30 min.

When trying to open struts.xml, I got

Could not open the editor: An unexpected exception was thrown.

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.struts2.model.di.Struts2DIModeBuilder.createWebResourceNode(Struts2DIModeBuilder.java:203)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.struts2.model.di.Struts2DIModeBuilder.updateDiagram(Struts2DIModeBuilder.java:144)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.struts2.model.di.Struts2DefaultDIModelBuilder.updateDiagram(Struts2DefaultDIModelBuilder.java:34)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.struts2.editor.Struts2Editor.loadInput(Struts2Editor.java:464)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.struts2.editor.Struts2Editor.performModelLoadOperation(Struts2Editor.java:469)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.struts2.editor.Struts2ConfigEditor.performModelLoadOperation(Struts2ConfigEditor.java:157)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.struts2.editor.Struts2ConfigEditor.initializeEditorOnOpening(Struts2ConfigEditor.java:199)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.struts2.editor.Struts2ConfigEditor.performEditorLoadOrMergeOperation(Struts2ConfigEditor.java:235)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.struts2.editor.Struts2ConfigEditor.pageChange(Struts2ConfigEditor.java:244)
    at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.setActivePage(MultiPageEditorPart.java:1067)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.struts2.editor.Struts2ConfigEditor.createPages(Struts2ConfigEditor.java:61)
    at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:348)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:670)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:465)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(EditorReference.java:289)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2863)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2768)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$11(WorkbenchPage.java:2760)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$10.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2711)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2707)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2691)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2682)
    at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:651)
    at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:610)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.handlers.OpenResourceHandler.execute(OpenResourceHandler.java:129)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.handlers.OpenResourceHandler.run(OpenResourceHandler.java:181)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.ActionDelegateHandlerProxy.execute(ActionDelegateHandlerProxy.java:289)
    at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476)
    at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.executeCommand(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:468)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.press(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:786)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.processKeyEvent(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:885)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.filterKeySequenceBindings(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:567)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.access$3(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:508)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard$KeyDownFilter.handleEvent(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:123)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.filterEvent(Display.java:1253)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1052)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1077)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1062)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendKeyEvent(Widget.java:1103)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendKeyEvent(Widget.java:1099)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.wmChar(Widget.java:1508)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_CHAR(Control.java:4268)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.WM_CHAR(Canvas.java:345)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4160)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.windowProc(Canvas.java:341)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4873)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessageW(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage(OS.java:2459)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3655)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:115)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)

#314561 Reply

Brian Fernandes

parclipse,

We released a minor update to 9.0M2 which should fix the crashing issue, thanks for pointing it out. If you apply the update, please let us know if it fixes the problem for you.

Update details: http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-26861.html

#314667 Reply

Can you please explain the working of this code??

#sidebar {
    float: left;
    }
    }
    #sidebar ul ul ul li {
    background-position: right 7px;
    padding: 0 10px 0 0;
    margin: 0 10px 0 0;
    }
    #sidebar img.avatar {
    float: right;
    padding: 0 5px 5px 15px;
    }

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: new myeclipse 8 m2 not stable

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in