facebook

New projects with latest CLI

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

Hi

More of a question than an issue.

If I try to build a new project with a CLI version that is newer than the default (7.3.8) version the build process hangs part way through – usually as it tries to install Typescript.

Is this because I need to be selecting a newer version of Node or NPM? If so, can you tell me the correct ones to use for version 8 of the CLI?

Cheers

Richard

#628134 Reply

support-swapna

Richard,

For the Angular CLI 8.x.x, you can work with Node 8.9 or higher, together with NPM 5.5.1 or higher.
    I checked with Angular CLI 8.3.7, Node.js 10.15.0, NPM 6.4 and do not see the hang. I assume you are working with the latest CodeMix release 2019.9.25.

Can you please share with us the complete output of the Terminal+ view when you see the hang? Also share with us your workspace log file which is located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log ( change the extension to .txt and attach it here ).

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#628473 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi Swapna

Thanks for your prompt reply – apologies for my much slower one.

It may have just been a temporary comms problem as I tried the same as you and it built without a hitch.

If it happens again I will grab the logs and send them to you.

In the meantime thanks for the continual improvements to Codemix. In particular the formatting option and
    the lines linking opening and closing tags. Just small things but really helpful.

I am sure like all of us you have no shortage of feature requests but just to add one that I always found useful
    in other IDEs – the ability to duplicate a code tab – so that you can see different methods / properties alongside each other.

Cheers

Richard

#628521 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Richard,

Happy to hear you’re finding the smaller features useful – I’ve passed your compliments on to the team.

RE: Duplicate a code tab – that’s on our radar, your request will increase the priority of that feature request.

Thank you for asking and have a great weekend!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: New projects with latest CLI

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in