facebook

New SOAP service not working in Java 10 ME2018

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mongonv
    Participant

I just installed the latest ME 2018 version, set my project to use Java 10, got rid of all issues in the problem list, and tried to generate a new Web Service for bottom up using the code that had been working in previous ME versions.

When I select the source file to use the wizard does not recognize that the file is a valid been and just shows the message at the top to pick a bean.

If I switch back to using Java 1.7, it recognizes the file and generates it properly.

Is Java 10 not compatible with SOAP or is there something else I have to change to get the wizard to work under Java 10?

Thanks,
    Ed

#601903 Reply

support-swapna

Ed,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I see the problem at my end as well. The dev team is looking into it and will get back to you soon with our findings.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Thank you for reporting it.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#601917 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ed,

Just wanted to provide additional information here as we’ve already fixed the bug internally, and this is something that will make our next release.

The problem is caused by some of our code which tries to figure out the Java version used by your project, and this code was failing when the version was set to 9 or 10. What you’re doing right now is the workaround we would suggest anyway. Do let us know if this is OK with you until the next update, which will be roughly a month away.

#601918 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Hey Brian,
    Thanks for the quick update on this issue and yes I can use the workaround for a month till the next update. We are early in the development cycle, so as long as we can get the fix in a reasonable time we are fine.

Thanks,
    Ed

#605555 Reply

support-swapna

Ed,

Our latest MyEclipse release 2018.12.0 is out with the fix for this problem.
    Please update from Help > Check for Updates and let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: New SOAP service not working in Java 10 ME2018

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in