new user library causes automatic compile to fail [Closed]

  1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #217701 Reply


    Because I’m using sun appserver, not jboss, I removed the default j2ee library set and replaced it with a user defined library set. Of course, the jboss j2ee libraries are unable to resolve sun specific references generated by Sun’s wscompile (used to generate java classes). Maybe I could’ve avoided this problem by not asking wscompile to leave the java source code around, but I am trying to mimic apache’s wsdl2java development model.

    In eclipse Window->Preferences->BuildPath->User Libraries, I created a new user library and it contains all the jars in AS8_INSTALL/lib.

    In the project’s properties, I removed the default J2EE library and added the new AS8 user library.

    At this point, when I add new classes to the project source directory, their corresponding class files do not show up in the project’s build directory (set up by MyEclipse to be: WebRoot/WEB-INF/classes).

    When I remove my user defined library from the project’s properties, class files for my new classes show in the build directory, but another strange thing: class files for the wscompile generated classes show up, too, even though the JDT source editor has red markers up and down the margins of the source due to unresolved references!

    Nothing shows in the .metadata/.log file.

    What is going on?

    I’m using MyEclipse 3.8.2 on linux RedHat 9.
    I don’t have any other packages installed. Early this week I started with a fresh install of Elipse 3.0.1


    #217802 Reply

    Riyad Kalla

    Make sure you have all the necessary filters for your problem view turned on. Switch to the propblems tab, hit the drop down arrow, go to Filters and hit “Select All” then OK… does it give you more info? Also make sure Build Automatically is turned on under Window > Prefs > Workbench. All the behavior you explained is Eclipse JDT functionality, so it seems this problem would have popped up before this point if it were a bug…. weird.

    #217909 Reply


    Sorry, not weird: simple operator error.

    Thanks for the hand-holding through eclipse functionality. I wasn’t aware of the ‘filter’ capability on the Problems view. It was set in a manner that suppressed the build error I should have seen.

    Root cause: Some of the files I put on my user library path are regular text files (I selected all files in a directory without prejudice). The incremental compiler of eclipse put a message in the Problem view to the effect: compilation can only continue after the problem with the classpath is resolve.

    Thanks for your patience.


    #217912 Reply

    Riyad Kalla

    Glad its working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: new user library causes automatic compile to fail [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in