facebook

Newbie lost looking for the documentation

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Old Posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Aaran Stent

Hello,

I am new to eclipse (from JDeveloper) and trying to find my way around. Where is the myEclipse documentation? A simple howto on a hello world J2EE application would be nice.

Aaran

#196169 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

We are feverously working on docs now. We slipped docs in favor of getting the message out in the form of EA releases. Docs are on the way. Note that Enterprise Workbench 2.0 EA1 focuses on web application development. Thus, the 1st documentation release will support EA1 functionality.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#196170 Reply

Aaran Stent

May I suggest at least having a link on the web page somewhere that states that documentation is under development. I spent a good 30 minutes hunting around for it thinking I was doing something wrong.

A very brief quick start guide of a few screen shots (i.e. something you could do in an hour or two) would be great so I can start playing with the IDE.

Regards,

Aaran Stent

PS. Best of luck with the project, a complete IDE in a box for Eclipse is very needed. 🙂

#196171 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Great feedback. We will definitely make it more clear on the site as to what is available and what is missing and what’s in the works. Look for continual improvements in both the product and this site.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Newbie lost looking for the documentation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in