facebook

No built in external user authorization?

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Fredrik Lindqvist
    Participant

Do I understand this correctly, if I want to use our corporate LDAP service for user managment I have to program a plugin for that myself?

We are currently using smartcards for authorization and logging into our computers, is that something that’s supported by the external user API? (cant check that myself, the javadoc page is down)

#332685 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

> if I want to use our corporate LDAP service for user managment I have to program a plugin for that myself?

Correct. MobiOne assists developers with the development of your device-side functionality of their app. Think of MobiOne as a client to your web/server-side services. Working with your server-side requirements is a whole different animal with many different server and implementation technologies. We (Genuitec) currently provides MyEclipse (a Java Enterprise IDE)for. We are actively developing an enterprise mobile product that will provide server side developer tools.

#332687 Reply

Fredrik Lindqvist
    Participant

@support-wayne wrote:

>Think of MobiOne as a client to your web/server-side services.

This question was related to SDC, not MobiOne. Although it looks like the answer would be the same.

#332689 Reply

sdc-support

Hello Fredik.

Sorry for the confusion.

First, what JavaDoc page is down.

Now, regarding to your question, yes, it’s posible to use your corporate LDAP service for user managment via the External User Extensions, you can found more information about it here. We ship two examples with the SDC Installation so you can start there. If you need more help let me know and I can help you.

Best Regards.
    Héctor – SDC Support

#332690 Reply

Fredrik Lindqvist
    Participant

@sdc-support wrote:

First, what JavaDoc page is down.

The page is:
    http://www.genuitec.com/help/examples/javadoc/index.html

Ok, thanks for the answer.

#332706 Reply

sdc-support

Hello Fredrik.

It seems the URL you have is wrong, how did it you get it? The correct one should be:

http://<SDC server>:<port>/help/examples/javadoc/index.html

And your SDC Server should be running to get it since it’s built in on it.

Best Regards.
    Héctor – SDC Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: No built in external user authorization?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in