facebook

"No config file specified" error when trying to add new WebSphere 8.5 server

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

aotwvybq
    Participant

I am unable to add a WebSphere 8.5 server to MyEclipse. When adding the server, when I reach the step to choose the profile information, there is an error that says “No config file specified”. Also, the dropdowns for Profile name and Server name are empty. I’ve attached a screenshot of the error.

I have a WAS profile created and have already verified that I can start/stop the server from a command line. I’ve searched through all MyEclipse logs that I can find and I can’t see any additional information about the error.

MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 2015 Stable 2.0
    Build id: 13.0.0-20150518

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #451974 Reply

aotwvybq
    Participant

Some additional information…

I found some suggestions that it could be a permissions problem, but I am an administrator on my machine and I’m running MyEclipse as an administrator. My workspace log file does not have any error information, so I am stuck.

Any suggestions for how to resolve or any other log files that could have hints about the issue?

Cheers

#451975 Reply

support-swapna

aotwvybq,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please check if there is profileRegistry.xml file in the <WAS install dir>/properties ? The profileRegistry.xml file contains the list of profiles and profile configuration data. This file is created when creating a profile in WAS. MyEclipse reads this file and populates the profile while configuring the WAS.

If the file exists, check whether it contains the profile information for WAS.
    The contents of the file should be in this format :

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?><profiles>
    <profile isAReservationTicket=”false” isDefault=”true” name=”AppSrv01″ path=”C:\Users\SWAPNA\AppData\Local\IBM\Websphere8.5\profiles\AppSrv01″ template=”C:\Users\SWAPNA\AppData\Local\IBM\Websphere8.5\profileTemplates\default”/>
    </profiles>

Please also check if there are any errors of interest logged in the .log file located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log. If yes, then please send the .log file for further investigation.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#451977 Reply

aotwvybq
    Participant

Thanks Swapna for your reply and help.

There is no profileRegistry.xml file in the <WAS install dir>/properties folder. I did find the below error that seems to be related in the <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log file:

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.server.core 4 0 2015-08-28 18:59:56.271
    !MESSAGE No config file specified
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.Exception: No config file specified
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException.<init>(GenuitecCoreException.java:71)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException.<init>(GenuitecCoreException.java:46)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.server.core.util.XMLConfigFile.loadDocIfNeeded(XMLConfigFile.java:104)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.configuration.WASConfigFile.loadDocIfNeeded(WASConfigFile.java:43)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.server.core.util.XMLConfigFile.evaluateXPath(XMLConfigFile.java:230)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.server.core.util.XMLConfigFile.getNodeList(XMLConfigFile.java:214)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.configuration.ProfileRegistryFile.getProfiles(ProfileRegistryFile.java:53)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.WebSphereServer.validate(WebSphereServer.java:675)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.server.ui.GenuitecServerWizardFragment.isComplete(GenuitecServerWizardFragment.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.wizard.TaskWizardPage.canFlipToNextPage(TaskWizardPage.java:78)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.updateButtons(WizardDialog.java:1382)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.update(WizardDialog.java:1365)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.updateForPage(WizardDialog.java:1294)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.access$4(WizardDialog.java:1268)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog$8.run(WizardDialog.java:1257)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.showPage(WizardDialog.java:1254)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:942)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:434)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:619)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.actions.LaunchWizardAction.run(LaunchWizardAction.java:57)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.actions.NewServerWizardAction.run(NewServerWizardAction.java:1)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:519)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:420)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:135)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.eclipse.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:110)

#451980 Reply

support-swapna

aotwvybq,

Thank you for the information.

1.How are you creating the profiles in Websphere?
    2.Can you please try creating a profile using the Profile Management Tool instead of the command line and see if the profileRegistry.xml is created? Please make sure you have write permissions for profile related tasks.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#452013 Reply

aotwvybq
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I had originally created my WAS profile using the command line. I don’t have the Profile Management Tool installed on my machine, so rather than trying to go through the headache to install and configure the IBM tool, I first tried manually created the profileRegistry.xml using your sample as a template.

I changed the contents of the file to the profile name and locations for my installation and it worked! I’ve added the new WAS server and I am able to manage (start/stop/deploy) without any issues.

Thanks for the help! Cheers

#452070 Reply

support-swapna

aotwvybq,

Glad that you got it working.
    Can you please share with us the complete command you used to create the WAS profile to help us investigate further ?

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#452079 Reply

aotwvybq
    Participant

Swapna,

Here is the command that I used to create my local WAS profile:

manageprofiles.bat -create -profileName AppSrv859080 -profilePath C:\IBM\WASProfiles\AppSrv859080 -nodeName AppSrv859080Node -cellName AppSrv859080Cell -hostname localhost -servername server859080 -startingPort 9080

Also, here is my WAS version information:
    Integrated Solutions Console, 8.5.5.2
    Build Number: cf021414.01
    Build Date: 4/8/14

Thanks

#452140 Reply

support-swapna

aotwvybq,

Thank you for the information. I have filed a report with the dev team for further investigation.
    Let us know if you see any issues with MyEclipse.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#497969 Reply

raichu
    Participant

Hi Swapna,
    Any resolution to this issue; I am facing the same issue

#497978 Reply

support-swapna

raichu,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. The fix is not yet available. The dev team is busy with other higher priority issues. We will keep you posted about the fix schedule.

Can you please try the workaround of creating profiles using Profile Management Tool or manually create the profileRegistry.xml as per the format I mentioned in my previous responses on this thread, then change the contents of the file to reflect the profile name and install location and check if it helps?

For your convenience I am pasting the format here.
    The contents of the profileRegistry.xml file should be in this format :

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
    <profiles>
    <profile isAReservationTicket=”false” isDefault=”true” name=”AppSrv01″ path=”C:\Users\SWAPNA\AppData\Local\IBM\Websphere8.5\profiles\AppSrv01″ template=”C:\Users\SWAPNA\AppData\Local\IBM\Websphere8.5\profileTemplates\default”/>
    </profiles>

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Let us know how it works.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: "No config file specified" error when trying to add new WebSphere 8.5 server

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in