facebook

No META-INF/application.xml found with JBoss EAR [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

knuterik

When I deploy my project as an exploded archive (as I have been doing for quite some time during development now), everything works as expected during deployment.

Now that our project is nearing release, I tried to switch deploytype to ‘packaged archive’. I then get this error message during deployment:

21:32:55,160 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not initialise deployment: file:/C:/Java/JBoss/jboss-3.2.5/server/default/deploy/TpCal.ear
    org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: No META-INF/application.xml found
        at org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer.init(EARDeployer.java:117)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.init(MainDeployer.java:700)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:635)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:608)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor17.invoke(Unknown Source)

If I try to unzip the .ear file with WinZip, it works as expected.

Also if I package the .ear file with an ant script instead, it works as expected.

#218546 Reply

Riyad Kalla

What is most likely happening is JBoss is detecting the new WAR file and attempting to uncompress it before MyEclipse is even done writing it out. You can try and shutdown JBoss, and deploy the packaged EAR file, then start JBoss and see if it works.

#218553 Reply

knuterik

@support-rkalla wrote:

What is most likely happening is JBoss is detecting the new WAR file and attempting to uncompress it before MyEclipse is even done writing it out. You can try and shutdown JBoss, and deploy the packaged EAR file, then start JBoss and see if it works.

Nope.

I always stop JBoss between .ear deployments, and I also did it this time.

Anyway, this problem never occurs when I deploy a .WAR file, only on .EAR files.

#218555 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you unjar the EAR file using the command line JAR utility (please don’t use WinZip) and see if META-INF/application.xml is indeed there? There have been problems in the past related to this stuff and it always ends up being some super-obscure weird system setup issue or app server issue… very odd.

#218700 Reply

knuterik

@support-rkalla wrote:

Can you unjar the EAR file using the command line JAR utility (please don’t use WinZip) and see if META-INF/application.xml is indeed there? There have been problems in the past related to this stuff and it always ends up being some super-obscure weird system setup issue or app server issue… very odd.

Well, the META-INF/application.xml file is definitely there!

#218705 Reply

knuterik

What is strange, is that if I just zip up the exploded archive, I get the same error message, so it seems like it is some kind of JBoss issue??

#218707 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I swear we ran this problem down before and it was some really obscure XML parsing issue or something…

#218708 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ah ha, I think this might be it, read this thread:
    http://myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-3669-highlight-metainf+application+xml.html

And be sure to look at the two threads I reference in there too.

#218741 Reply

knuterik

@support-rkalla wrote:

Ah ha, I think this might be it, read this thread:
    http://myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-3669-highlight-metainf+application+xml.html

And be sure to look at the two threads I reference in there too.

Yup, this was it:

Resolved.
    I had an empty class-path entry in the MANIFEST.MF that avoided the URLClassloader to get resources from the ear file.
    I removed the class-path and everything works.

Hope this can be useful for other with the same problem.

Thanks fro the support.

Umberto

Thanx a LOT for good help 😀

#218745 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m glad it worked, that problem is a stinker.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: No META-INF/application.xml found with JBoss EAR [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in