facebook

No more preference entry after trial expiring

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have purchased an access code, but for some timeI have not used it.

Today I opened Eclipse after a lot of time I wasn’t using it, and i get the “expired” message.

So I close Eclipse, get the code from email and reopend Eclipse.
    Sadly, all the myeclipse preference things are gone, so I can’t insert the access code.

What is the correct thigs to do? Uninstall and reinstall whit the start menu (I am using Eclipse under win2k)?
    There is any way to insert the code in this state of Eclipse?

Thanks

Massimiliano Segreto

#200974 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Massimiliano,
    It was my understanding that ME should just nag you after it expires… not kill itself. Did you change ANYTHING after it nagged you? Did you run the uninstaller?

#201003 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Massimiliano,

Are you sure you relaunched the instance of Eclipse that has MyEclipse installed in it? Your preferences should all be there. We don’t do anything to uninstall. As Riyad said, it’s really just a bunch of nagging and disabling our editors.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#201018 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Massimiliano,
    To double check that ME is still installed you can check the <eclipse install dir>/links directory for an entry called “com.genuitec.eclipse.MyEclipse.link”, then open up that file, it should have a dir in it like this:

C:\\Java\\MyEclipse

use explorer to go find that dir, if it IS there and the plugins/features dirs have things in them. Then I’d say ME is busted and reinstall may help. If any of the items I mentioned above aren’t there, then I’d say somehow the link to the ME installation got removed from Eclipse somehow. I *guess* this could happen if you had corrupt files on your hard drive, ran chkdsk and cleaned all broken links up and that link file happened to be one of them…

Best,
    Riyad

#201045 Reply

No, I havent’ run the uninstaller.
    I opened the “.link” file, it contains :

path=C:\\Programmi\\MyEclipse

that seems to be correct.

In the c:\Programmi\MyEclipse
    there is eclipse\plugins and eclipse\features, both not empty.

The problem remains unsolved

best regards

Massimiliano (Bibo) Segreto[/code]

#201055 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm sounds like your installation is intact. So when you load elcipse, and go to Window->Preferences is there a “MyEclipse” choice in the left tree view? Or is that not even there?

If there IS a MyEclipse node there, when you select it, does the panel on the right change? Can you expand the node?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: No more preference entry after trial expiring

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in