facebook

No Option to Create a Dynamic Web Project

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

stevebradford
    Participant

I want to create a standard Dynamic Web project however that option isn’t available in ME 2018 (or 2017).

There is a “Web Services Project”, is that the same thing?

Googling suggests using the “Install New Software” option to load these templates if missing however that is for standard eclipse and you need to know your base version. (that menu item is also missing?)

I looked at ME’s “Help/Install from site…” option which seems to be the equivalent but was unsure of using the standard eclipse downloads. (or the eclipse version to use)
    Is there a ME download URL we should use?

Regards

Steve

#609613 Reply

stevebradford
    Participant

OK, I’ve answered my own question!

On the “New/Other” dialog panel there is a sneaky little “Show All Wizards” check box.

That brings the Dynamic web project back under the Web category.

I would still be interested in an answer to where we could point the “Help/Install from site…” option for additional feature downloads.

Regards

Steve

#609634 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Steve,

In MyEclipse, the “Web Project” is the equivalent of “Dynamic Web Project”. You may not get quite the same functionality using the latter, so it is recommended to use “Web Project”. There really should be no need to activate “WTP Extras” (which you will be prompted to do when creating a “Dynamic Web Project”) when using MyEclipse and it may lead to some confusion with extra Preferences pages, for example.

Let us know if you have problems with MyEclipse web projects or any other feature.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: No Option to Create a Dynamic Web Project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in