facebook

Node.js cause heavy cpu load!

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

atze
    Participant

Hello!

I am using “MyEclipse Version: 2017 CI 3” under Windows 10 64 with Java 8 Update 111 on my Dell 5510 (Xeon 1505M 32GB 2x SSD’s and 2x 4K-displays).

Since some weeks I a have problem with myeclipse.
    When I develop JavaScript the “Node.js Server.side JavaScript”-Process is causing a heavy cpu load on my machine, so the cpu cooler is runnig all the time.
    It seams that anything is working, i see no error messages, but this cannot be correct 🙂

Cheers!

#516385 Reply

support-swapna

atze,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. The problem might happen if you have large JS files opened in the editor.

Are you working with large JS files?

You can tweak the performance of tern engine from Window > Preferences > JavaScript > Performance page. Increase the performance setting either for your project or globally. Change the scope to work only on a single file (as opposed to the entire project) or turn Tern off entirely.

You can also exclude large JS files from project’s JavaScript > Include Path. Right click on the project > Properties > JavaScript > Include Path and switch to the Source tab. Expand the project entry and click the ‘Excluded’ node. You can ‘Edit’ it and add the individual files you want to remove from validation. You can also select folders containing JavaScript that you do not actively work and/or folders with a large number of JavaScript resources.

Hope this helps.Please let us know how the suggestions work for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#516717 Reply

atze
    Participant

Hello and thank you,

my files are not realy big, but I have some libs (jQuery …) in the project.
    So I tried the solution to change the scope under performance to “current file”, now it seems to be ok.

Thanx!

#516731 Reply

support-swapna

atze,

Glad that it works.
    Please let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Node.js cause heavy cpu load!

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in